Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to enable themes on the att lg g2

Tip us?
 
nabril15
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 434
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Default How to enable themes on the att lg g2

I share this gem with you courtesy of someone called Leftarmspinner.
TO ENABLE THEMES ON THE ATT LG G2.

1. Download and install Launcher Pro from Google Play (you don't need to set it as default launcher or anything) and Later you can uninstall. This enables the hidden settings menu, which most of us have done one way or another.
2. Add Activities widget to your LG Launcher home screen. Search for Home > com.lge.launcher2.hiddenmenu.LGHomeHiddenMenuActiv ity

3. Voilà now you have access to hidden settings from your Home screen. Look for the setting feature_use_theme and check it off.

4. You can now use themes!!!! How cool.


Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to nabril15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
antawnm26
Old
(Last edited by antawnm26; 2nd February 2014 at 02:06 AM.)
#2  
antawnm26's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 122
Posts: 1,018
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabril15 View Post
I share this gem with you courtesy of someone called Leftarmspinner.
TO ENABLE THEMES ON THE ATT LG G2.

1. Download and install Launcher Pro from Google Play (you don't need to set it as default launcher or anything) and Later you can uninstall. This enables the hidden settings menu, which most of us have done one way or another.
2. Add Activities widget to your LG Launcher home screen. Search for Home > com.lge.launcher2.hiddenmenu.LGHomeHiddenMenuActiv ity

3. Voilà now you have access to hidden settings from your Home screen. Look for the setting feature_use_theme and check it off.

4. You can now use themes!!!! How cool.


Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
Nice find thanks....Once you enable it can you delete the app and still have access to the theme?
 
hemanshu025
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Feb 2011
Thats f***€g great man. Thank you so much. It worked like a gem. 😄😄😄😄😄

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
antawnm26
Old
(Last edited by antawnm26; 2nd February 2014 at 06:28 AM.)
#4  
antawnm26's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 122
Posts: 1,018
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanshu025 View Post
Thats f***€g great man. Thank you so much. It worked like a gem. ����������

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nevermind I got it....
 
nabril15
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 434
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL
If you're having trouble enabling the setting, there is an easier way
Download the module G2 tweaks for xposed.
Go to misc tweaks
Enable hidden launcher settings.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
 
thebehemoth73
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Austin
How do u add activities widget ? I can't get into xposed because I'm unrooted

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
 
nabril15
Old
(Last edited by nabril15; 4th February 2014 at 02:12 AM.)
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 434
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebehemoth73 View Post
How do u add activities widget ? I can't get into xposed because I'm unrooted

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
There's another thread that shows how to do this. search for enable g2 hidden settings.

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
 
nabril15
Old
(Last edited by nabril15; 4th February 2014 at 08:55 PM.)
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 434
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebehemoth73 View Post
How do u add activities widget ? I can't get into xposed because I'm unrooted

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Here it is
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49920364
Go to the op

Here is another way
Anyway guys, I found a solution to acces to the hidden setting without installing Launcher Pro.
Just get "Any Shortcut" on the market (here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ui.anyshortcut)), then create a shortcut with these parameters :
*Application :* com.lge.launcher2
*Activity :* com.lge.launcher2.hiddenmenu.LGHomeHiddenMenuActiv ity (without a space between "Activ" and "ity" !)
*Action :* nothing
*Intent :* nothing
(See screenshot in attachment).
Then : create, your shortcut is done !
And you have access to the launcher hidden settings

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
DONT FORGET THAT THANKS BUTTON
The Following User Says Thank You to nabril15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jpoejr
Old
(Last edited by jpoejr; 13th June 2014 at 03:59 AM.)
#9  
jpoejr's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Dec 2012
This no longer works after AT&T update to D80020U. Any fix for this?

Nevermind. User error. It still works. Sorry guys.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more