Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Superuser Problems Help!

Tip us?

brewsterj98
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Cant i just put the boot.img from Alpha 2 and switch it with Alpha 1's?

brewsterj98
Old
(Last edited by brewsterj98; 2nd June 2014 at 11:54 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
ok so i took the boot.img from Alpha 2 and switched it with the one from Alpha 1 then i flashed Alpha 1 with the boot.img from A2 and now i have root, my sd card is fixed and the wifi has improved. The only thing wrong with the rom now is the wifi just wont connect to a network. I'm gonna do more research on the bug and let you know what i find. It seems to be a common problem in android 4.4.2

Edit: ok so i have partial root apparently. :/ terminal emulator gets root and so does other apps but link2sd and root explorer wont obtain root. it gives me that one error again. the char* ttyname(int)(3) is not implemented on Android char* ttyname(int)(3) is not implemented on Android mount: Invalid argument

any idea on how to fix it?

brewsterj98
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Anymore Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
Another would be to download the kernel source for your device and compile it, that way the Wifi kernel module should be compiled with it.
Can you tell me how to do this? I know where to get the kernal source but i dont know how to compile it.

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1523

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsterj98 View Post
Can you tell me how to do this? I know where to get the kernal source but i dont know how to compile it.
I would recommend taking a look at this guide on how to compile a kernel, specifically i would recommend paying attention to section 5 of the guide on building. If you have any questions let me know I'll be happy to answer them.