Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Superuser Problems Help!

OP brewsterj98

brewsterj98
2nd June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Cant i just put the boot.img from Alpha 2 and switch it with Alpha 1's?
brewsterj98
3rd June 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #32  

n/a posts
ok so i took the boot.img from Alpha 2 and switched it with the one from Alpha 1 then i flashed Alpha 1 with the boot.img from A2 and now i have root, my sd card is fixed and the wifi has improved. The only thing wrong with the rom now is the wifi just wont connect to a network. I'm gonna do more research on the bug and let you know what i find. It seems to be a common problem in android 4.4.2

Edit: ok so i have partial root apparently. :/ terminal emulator gets root and so does other apps but link2sd and root explorer wont obtain root. it gives me that one error again. the char* ttyname(int)(3) is not implemented on Android char* ttyname(int)(3) is not implemented on Android mount: Invalid argument

any idea on how to fix it?
Last edited by brewsterj98; 3rd June 2014 at 12:54 AM.
brewsterj98
13th June 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #33  

n/a posts
Anymore Help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

Another would be to download the kernel source for your device and compile it, that way the Wifi kernel module should be compiled with it.

Can you tell me how to do this? I know where to get the kernal source but i dont know how to compile it.
13th June 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #34  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,687

2,320 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsterj98

Can you tell me how to do this? I know where to get the kernal source but i dont know how to compile it.

I would recommend taking a look at this guide on how to compile a kernel, specifically i would recommend paying attention to section 5 of the guide on building. If you have any questions let me know I'll be happy to answer them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread