Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How-To] Properly flash OTA update to 4.4.3 (KTU84L) from (KOT49H)

Tip us?
 
rockky
Old
(Last edited by rockky; 11th June 2014 at 12:45 AM.)
#21  
rockky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 2,154
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: chicago
Default Screwed Up

Hello
Any patient helper would be appreciated.
my device is seemingly on an initial google view followed by a 'the software update failed'. Make sure your device is connected to the computer and try again'.

So this all follows me trying to flash the OTA link (I got elsewhere) via Androxide Sony Mobile flasher.The 'app cant open the bundle', the the device disconnects.

So I THEN (dumb I know), go to XDA and find this thread about righteous ways to do things.

The device has the dual kernel right now, that just i put on via Androxide to get to recovery...wouldnt go there otherwise.(i know I have to put stock kernel back on).

So anyone, phone is stuck on the Google icon. I take it the Androxide tool is of no use? I have no adb knowlege.
Please tell me where to go from here...(been around XDA for ages but am still out of my league with this stuff....so talk to me as you would an idiot!
Thanks
I have stock kernel, dual kernel and OTA link on PC.
Palm Treo600
Treo 650
HTC Hermes
Iphone, and 3G,
Nexus One
Htc Evo
Htc Evo 3D
Samsung Galaxy S II 2
Epic 4G Touch
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Sony Xperia Ultra Google Play Edition
 
adfurgerson
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 575
Posts: 1,578
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Hello
Any patient helper would be appreciated.
my device is seemingly on an initial google view followed by a 'the software update failed'. Make sure your device is connected to the computer and try again'.

So this all follows me trying to flash the OTA link (I got elsewhere) via Androxide Sony Mobile flasher.The 'app cant open the bundle', the the device disconnects.

So I THEN (dumb I know), go to XDA and find this thread about righteous ways to do things.

The device has the dual kernel right now, that just i put on via Androxide to get to recovery...wouldnt go there otherwise.(i know I have to put stock kernel back on).

So anyone, phone is stuck on the Google icon. I take it the Androxide tool is of no use? I have no adb knowlege.
Please tell me where to go from here...(been around XDA for ages but am still out of my league with this stuff....so talk to me as you would an idiot!
Thanks
I have stock kernel, dual kernel and OTA link on PC.
Do you know how to flash kernel img with flashtool?
 
rockky
Old
#23  
rockky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 2,154
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: chicago
yes sir

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

yes sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
Do you know how to flash kernel img with flashtool?


---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Adfergerson. Thank you, I have to get back to a conference call here, and will check back in 90min
Palm Treo600
Treo 650
HTC Hermes
Iphone, and 3G,
Nexus One
Htc Evo
Htc Evo 3D
Samsung Galaxy S II 2
Epic 4G Touch
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Sony Xperia Ultra Google Play Edition
 
adfurgerson
Old
(Last edited by adfurgerson; 11th June 2014 at 01:46 AM.)
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 575
Posts: 1,578
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
yes sir

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

yes sir

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Adfergerson. Thank you, I have to get back to a conference call here, and will check back in 90min
Edit... I skipped the obvious thing to try first, do you have any nandroid backups and have you tried to restore them?

Okay I need to grab dinner. If you get back first here is what I would try if you really want avoid using adb.....
1. Copy the update to external SD card.
2. Flash the stock kernel from op of this thread in recovery.
3. Read this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761698
4. (Skipping the part about adb) try to get into fastboot by powering off device plug USB into PC hold volume up and plug in phone.
5. Follow steps from above link to get to recovery.
6. Choose apply update from SD navigate to the update select it and cross fingers.
 
texaspledge
Old
#25  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2010
This camera bug is driving me nuts. I need one for my daily driver. Can anyone tell me how to downgrade to 4.4.2?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
 
adfurgerson
Old
(Last edited by adfurgerson; 13th June 2014 at 03:57 AM.)
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 575
Posts: 1,578
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspledge View Post
This camera bug is driving me nuts. I need one for my daily driver. Can anyone tell me how to downgrade to 4.4.2?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
Do you have any CWM or TWRP backups from before you updated? If so use flashtool to flash the advanced stock v2 kernel and restore your backup.
 
texaspledge
Old
#27  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
Do you have any CWM or TWRP backups from before you updated? If so use flashtool to flash the advanced stock v2 kernel and restore your backup.
Unfortunately not. I know, pretty dumb of me. I had to go through some shenanigans to update and ended up wiping it. Thanks for the response though.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes