Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will htc give me trouble for not being under warranty

Tip us?

muneebrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Will htc give me trouble for not being under warranty

My warranty has expired. but I went ahead to htc customer service and complained about my purple tint problem on the camera. The customer service made me a ticket after asking my imei number and told me to send my phone.
Now does that mean I will get the repair done for free or will they check my warranty status at the repair center and then force me to cough up the money?

shawndoc
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneebrocks View Post
My warranty has expired. but I went ahead to htc customer service and complained about my purple tint problem on the camera. The customer service made me a ticket after asking my imei number and told me to send my phone.
Now does that mean I will get the repair done for free or will they check my warranty status at the repair center and then force me to cough up the money?

HTC customer service should be able to tell you if the repair will be free, and if not give a rough estimate. The repair center will then call you with a repair quote before doing any actual work.

muneebrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoc View Post
HTC customer service should be able to tell you if the repair will be free, and if not give a rough estimate. The repair center will then call you with a repair quote before doing any actual work.
oh great they told me it was free. So I am saved right?
I am talking about htc live chat support when I mean customer service