I won't responsible for any damage that you take
Hello Galaxy Y users, I found this ROM from Galaxy Ace Forum ,but I managed myself to port it to Galaxy Y. This ROM is modified by TheUnknowThing. The ROM is based on CyanogenMod 7 RC4 by bieltv. Some apps are taken out, but you always can search it from Play Store. So, please report to me if you find any bugs or comment. Try it and give feedbacks, together we shall make it better!
Main Features :
- Using a very stable build of the official CyanogenMod rom
- Awesome boot animation! (Thanks Tovagulet!)
- Touch sensitivity is improved
- Many programs that run in the background have been removed
- Very customizable
- Most changes are under the hood
- Performance gain by at least %15 than original!
- Same as CM7 RC4 by bieltv
- Superuser does not work out of the box. There is SuperSu but you will need to download SuperUser from the Play Store. This will enable the super user binaries (root)
How to install :
- (RECOMMENDED) Be on a stock ROM, installation will be cleaner
- Download THIS EXT4 tool, bieltv specific kernel and the Rom on your device.
- Flash on Samsung recovery (or your recovery if you are not on stock), my temp. CWM.
- When you are on the Temp. CWM, flash the EXT4 Formatter tool, so whole system will be converted to EXT4. (Stock filesystem is RFS)
- After the installation, flash kernel you have downloaded before.
- When the Kernel is installed, go, on the CWM, to advanced --> reboot recovery (this will reboot the device, and turn it on on the new CWM of kernel)
- Wipe data, cache and dalvik
- (IMPORTANT) Go to mounts and storage, and make sure system is mounted (will show unmounted) mount it 2 times!
- Go to install zip from SD Card, choose zip from SD card and install your CyanogenMod, AOSP, Cyanmobile, whatever your EXT4 Based ROM is. (MAKE SURE installation last more than 5 seconds, if is less than 5 seconds your system is unmounted! repeate step 8).
- After installation, go back and reboot system, if you made it good, ROM boots, so no problem on it.
Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more
22 Sep 2014
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?