Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Weird folders appearing in my image gallery

OP CaughtOnTape

13th June 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi,

Recently for no particular reason, my image gallery now shows ALL of the picture in my phone. Thumbnails from reddit app, pics from my boot sequence, etc. I have a Bell SGH-I747M running the lastest CM11 snapshot (the june one). Now i searched on google and couldn't find anything that can fix the problem. I've uploaded some picture for you guys.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402631497204.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	2795264   Click image for larger version

Name:	1402631511066.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	2795266  
13th June 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
XDA Assist Team
Thanks Meter: 2,100

3,359 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaughtOnTape

Hi,

Recently for no particular reason, my image gallery now shows ALL of the picture in my phone. Thumbnails from reddit app, pics from my boot sequence, etc. I have a Bell SGH-I747M running the lastest CM11 snapshot (the june one). Now i searched on google and couldn't find anything that can fix the problem. I've uploaded some picture for you guys.

Try turning off Photos Sync, Picasa Sync and auto upload by Google +, Facebook and so on.
Turn off any photo syncing and after that make sure you delete the gallery cache.
13th June 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Unfortunately, everything was already turned off. I turned it on then off again thinking that it was bugged, but nope. Folders are still there. When i delete them and quit the gallery app, they just come back again.
13th June 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
XDA Assist Team

3,359 posts
More
Quote:

Unfortunately, everything was already turned off. I turned it on then off again thinking that it was bugged, but nope. Folders are still there. When i delete them and quit the gallery app, they just come back again.

MediaScanner is not running correctly , thanks @It_ler for the hint.
On some devices, connecting/disconnecting of the USB cable triggers the MediaScanner.
Here Rescan Media app from Play store to simply call the system's MediaScanner process.

If you don't want that the Gallery to show pics from special folders you can try to place a file called ".nomedia" into the folder(s).
Then trigger the media scanner again.
Last edited by R_a_z_v_a_n; 13th June 2014 at 03:59 PM.
13th June 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thanks for your help but the app doesn't work (Crash right on startup), i tried other apps doing the same thing and all of them crash on startup or when i press the scan button. I'm not at home right now so i can't say much about the .nomedia trick. I think my root is just really ****ed up... I should unroot and start on a clean device. If you have any other possible solution feel free to post it!

16th June 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
XDA Assist Team

3,359 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for your help but the app doesn't work (Crash right on startup), i tried other apps doing the same thing and all of them crash on startup or when i press the scan button. I'm not at home right now so i can't say much about the .nomedia trick. I think my root is just really ****ed up... I should unroot and start on a clean device. If you have any other possible solution feel free to post it!

Sorry, but for more relevant solutions you must follow the specific forum from here: AT&T Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread