Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G LTE reboots and hang with SD card inserted

Tip us?

technojinn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Moto G LTE reboots and hang with SD card inserted

Hi,

Received my moto G lte a couple of day ago. Put in a 32GB sandisk SD card. The phone constantly hangs and reboot while an sd card is inserted. Works fine without.

Sometimes, going into the settings will cause the phone to hang, resulting in the message "settings quit responding". Anyone else facing this issue. i tried reformatting the sd card multiple times and performing a factory reset. Did I receive a defective phone?

suhridkhan
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by technojinn View Post
Hi,

Received my moto G lte a couple of day ago. Put in a 32GB sandisk SD card. The phone constantly hangs and reboot while an sd card is inserted. Works fine without.

Sometimes, going into the settings will cause the phone to hang, resulting in the message "settings quit responding". Anyone else facing this issue. i tried reformatting the sd card multiple times and performing a factory reset. Did I receive a defective phone?
Did you try a different SD card? Mine appears to be working fine with a 32GB samsung class 10 sd card...

SbM_
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Indeed you should try another brand AND possibly a class 6 card, as class 10 cards may have too slow access time. See here : forums DOT sandisk DOT com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/32GB-Class-10-Micro-SD-card-unexpectedly-removed-in-Android/td-p/292793/page/2

On my previous phone I had issues with a 32 GB class 10 SanDisk card. I then replaced it with a 16 GB class 6 Samsung card and it worked just fine.

technojinn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks I'll try a class 6 card.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

technojinn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I thought a class 10 was faster than a class 6.

SbM_
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by technojinn View Post
I thought a class 10 was faster than a class 6.

If you refer to the link I gave, you can see that class 10 cards have faster read/write speeds BUT slower access times.

Diego Silvares
Old
Thanks Meter 0

I just bought one 32GB sandisk SD card class 10 for my s advance.

I hope it works "/

castuis
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I'm using this card I picked up from Amazon for $18-----Samsung Electronics 32GB EVO Micro SDHC with Adapter Upto 48MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MP32DA/AM)---It's been working great, I have had too many problems in the last couple years with Sandisk cards so I switched to Samsung and have yet to have a problem or seen a speed below what they claim.
Never go full retard

dethrat
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Sequential speed is indeed faster in class 10 but random read/write is slower by quite a bit.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

technojinn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
bought a different card. class 4. all the issue seem to have resolved. Thanks all for all the help and guidance.