Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,198 Members 48,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Wifi after Flashing back to Stock 4.2.2

Tip us?

spirodave
Old
(Last edited by spirodave; 12th June 2014 at 07:51 PM.) Reason: correction
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Default No Wifi after Flashing back to Stock 4.2.2

Hi I recently helped my buddy UnBrick his phone. I odin flashed him to stock 4.2.2 . He cant turn on wifi now. I myself own the
Att galaxy s4 and had the same problem that was fixed by editing the build.prop . I am helping him over the phone and he cant find the line that needs to be edited . Are the build.prop for Tmobile gs4 and att gs4 similar? And are there any other fixes for this issue. I am going to suggest he wipes data and dalvik and cache . I just need to know if there any other solutions just in case these don't work.. So far this is all I could find..

Thanks in advance

nivekx9
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirodave View Post
Hi I recently helped my buddy UnBrick his phone. I odin flashed him to stock 4.2.2 . He cant turn on wifi now. I myself own the
Att galaxy s4 and had the same problem that was fixed by editing the build.prop . I am helping him over the phone and he cant find the line that needs to be edited . Are the build.prop for Tmobile gs4 and att gs4 similar? And are there any other fixes for this issue. I am going to suggest he wipes data and dalvik and cache . I just need to know if there any other solutions just in case these don't work.. So far this is all I could find..

Thanks in advance
Isn't the tar for T-Mobile and At&t different?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy S4 running
@Danvdh Google Play Edition ROM
@Ktoonsez KTKernel

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 875
These people seem to be talking about that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496873

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

spirodave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivekx9 View Post
Isn't the tar for T-Mobile and At&t different?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes it is .. I didn't flash the att stock JB though I flashed the tmobile version .. He was able to run Skyfall which supports any gsm galaxy s4 . But I just remembered that I did attempt to put the latest kitkat on his phone and it failed in odin .. But before I did that I flashed the newest modem/baseband on his phone
im gonna go ahead and revert back to an earlier modem and see if that helps . I ran into numerous problems with his phone and it boiled down to having multiple bad downloads . He has a crappy internet connection which I still didn't think that would be a problem. But when we came to my house where I have Charters 100Mbps internet I downloaded the same files and had success . Either way I think flashing the new baseband could solve his issues . For the longest time I tried helping this guy get into the flashing world and when I would try to talk him through it on the phone I always ran into the problem of him getting a fail when flashing in recovery or Odin but as soon as he came to my house and I tried it I would have success right away...

spirodave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters View Post
These people seem to be talking about that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496873

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I think im gonna flash the jelley bean baseband/modem on his phone . It has the newest modem on it which I just remembered that now . I put the latest kk stock on his phone in odin but flashed the modem first but the stock rom failed . So maybe the fact he is on jellybean now with kk modem could be the problem. I dint think it would matter but itys worth a shot ..Thanks for the feedback

lordcheeto03
Old
Thanks Meter 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirodave View Post
I think im gonna flash the jelley bean baseband/modem on his phone . It has the newest modem on it which I just remembered that now . I put the latest kk stock on his phone in odin but flashed the modem first but the stock rom failed . So maybe the fact he is on jellybean now with kk modem could be the problem. I dint think it would matter but itys worth a shot ..Thanks for the feedback
Just FYI, the line you were originally asking about in the build.prop is "ro.securestorage.support=true" Just switch true to false and see how it works.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button

spirodave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03 View Post
Just FYI, the line you were originally asking about in the build.prop is "ro.securestorage.support=true" Just switch true to false and see how it works.
Thanks for the heads up. I had been trying to get my buddy to do it while talking him through it. He seems to not be able to find it . Not the smartest dude .. By flashing Kt kernel it did fix it .. But he seems to get a lot of fc with it .. I need to just get his phone over here again cause there seems to be zero problems when I handle it ..