Ask a question

No registration required

3G connection freezes

OP lnx64

7th June 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
I'm having a problem with my N900W8 since doing the Kitkat upgrade.

On Jellybean, I can be in a building, unable to get LTE, but have strong 3G/HSPA+ connection and it works great.

Ever since upgrading to Kitkat though, while LTE continues to work great, if not faster in my speed tests, when on 3G/HSPA+, after a short while, the data connection seems to freeze. I'll see it drop from H+ to 3G in the menu bar, and just merely a flashing up arrow, and nothing else. It never seems to fix itself, and I just have to put the device to sleep by tapping the power button. Within a minute it regains a good data connection again for maybe another 2 minutes. This is constant.

I'm at a loss, it's a new phone and only had it for 2 months. It's not rooted or anything like that, just unlocked by the distributor, and on T-Mobile (if that matters).

It's getting annoying because it makes using my data connection completely unusable. Samsung techs were actually quite helpless, they wanted me to send in my phone, but it seems to be software related because it worked fine on Jelly bean. It literally happened RIGHT away after the kitkat upgrade.
8th June 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Please someone help? I already have checked, double checked, triple checked the APN settings, even deleting them and starting over, and trying both fast and epc APN's on T-Mobile.
13th June 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
I reset the device back to factory, and all was well. And I noticed that it started happening again after running the speedtest.net app on the 3G.. It seems to start doing it again when I run that app, and when I "cleared" all the app cache, the problem seemed to go away. Not sure then what's going on there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread