Post Reply

Rooted M8, now trying to unroot so I can get updates.

12th June 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I just looked at the software version of my phone under About and downloaded the matching recovery. Then I flashed the recovery, installed the OTA update, and reflashed TWRP after.
12th June 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone31988

I just looked at the software version of my phone under About and downloaded the matching recovery. Then I flashed the recovery, installed the OTA update, and reflashed TWRP after.

My software version is 1.54.708.5, cant seem to find any version on the web that matches.
12th June 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 947
 
3,631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkwolf

My software version is 1.54.708.5, cant seem to find any version on the web that matches.

I'll have a look tomorrow or the weekend, I might be able to hook you up. I have a couple of OTAs kicking around.
12th June 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkwolf

My software version is 1.54.708.5, cant seem to find any version on the web that matches.

Did you read anything on the stock backup page?
As long as the base number is the same then you should be able to flash a recovery that matches. You have software version 1.54.708.5 so just flash one that begins with 1.54.
The nearest is:

STOCK RECOVERY 1.54.707.5

Nothing will happen so just go ahead and try it.

Here's the OTA, but it won't install unless you already have the stock OS installed.

http://yun.baidu.com/s/1bnlFoDp
Last edited by ashyx; 12th June 2014 at 07:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Did you read anything on the stock backup page?
As long as the base number is the same then you should be able to flash a recovery that matches. You have software version 1.54.708.5 so just flash one that begins with 1.54.
The nearest is:

STOCK RECOVERY 1.54.707.5

Nothing will happen so just go ahead and try it.

Here's the OTA, but it won't install unless you already have the stock OS installed.

http://yun.baidu.com/s/1bnlFoDp

Ill do a backup and charge my phone tonight then I will give this a shot.
12th June 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkwolf

Ill do a backup and charge my phone tonight then I will give this a shot.

I've extracted and uploaded the stock recovery for your version, extract and flash via fastboot:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h3...1.54.708.5.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

I've extracted and uploaded the stock recovery for your version, extract and flash via fastboot:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h3...1.54.708.5.zip

If this works you will have my eternal gratitude.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank