Post Reply

[Q] TW 4.4.2 SecContacts Recompile Errors

8th April 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #1  
tterb1980's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Has anyone been able to successfully recompile the 4.4.2 SecContacts_Osup.apk after editing/theming the app? I keep getting the following error when trying to recompile with apktool and if I fix the error to get the apk to recompile then the contacts app force closes after installing to phone

java version "1.7.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Smaling...
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\res\la yout\photo_selector_view_popup.xml:9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/photo_updates_header').

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, -F, C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL571155079 9888320867.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Brett\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\res, -M, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\Androi dManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib .java:358)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.jav a:283)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:206)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:176)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:228)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:79)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, -F, C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL571155079 9888320867.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Brett\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\res, -M, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\Androi dManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(An drolibResources.java:357)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib .java:336)
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, -F, C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL571155079 9888320867.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Brett\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\res, -M, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\Androi dManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(An drolibResources.java:355)
... 6 more
13th April 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #2  
Cocolopes's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 1,009
 
1,674 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tterb1980

Has anyone been able to successfully recompile the 4.4.2 SecContacts_Osup.apk after editing/theming the app? I keep getting the following error when trying to recompile with apktool and if I fix the error to get the apk to recompile then the contacts app force closes after installing to phone

java version "1.7.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Smaling...
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\res\la yout\photo_selector_view_popup.xml:9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/photo_updates_header').

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, -F, C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL571155079 9888320867.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Brett\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\res, -M, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\Androi dManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib .java:358)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.jav a:283)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:206)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:176)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:228)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:79)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, -F, C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL571155079 9888320867.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Brett\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\res, -M, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\Androi dManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(An drolibResources.java:357)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib .java:336)
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, -F, C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL571155079 9888320867.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Brett\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\res, -M, C:\APK-Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\SecContacts_OSup.apk\Androi dManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(An drolibResources.java:355)
... 6 more

I have the same error...I try to re install new TWframework and new framework res app...but nothing happend....
13th April 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #3  
tterb1980's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolopes

I have the same error...I try to re install new TWframework and new framework res app...but nothing happend....

I was finally able to get it to work. Replace the photo_selector_view_popup.xml in the layouts folder with the one that I have attached here then recompile SecContacts as usual. Then use 7zip to copy the manifest.mf from the original SecContacts to the one you just created and you should be good to go. By doing this I was able to recompile and install my themed SecContacts and everything is working as usual.
Attached Files
File Type: zip photo_selector_view_popup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (667 Bytes, 42 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tterb1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Thumbs up Some help pls!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tterb1980

I was finally able to get it to work. Replace the photo_selector_view_popup.xml in the layouts folder with the one that I have attached here then recompile SecContacts as usual. Then use 7zip to copy the manifest.mf from the original SecContacts to the one you just created and you should be good to go. By doing this I was able to recompile and install my themed SecContacts and everything is working as usual.

Hi @tterb1980,

I replaced with the attached file of yours, and it did recompile. Then I used the manifest.mf from old contact apk to my new one (used store option in winrar). Then I placed the new apk (with manifest.mf of old one) to system/priv-app, but it's not showing in app drawer.

What wrong do you think I'm doing. Do I need to use the resources.arsc file, too, of old apk?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank