Originally Posted by nemuro
I'm a designer, so I've got little to no programming experience, but I'm tired of waiting for a game that I like so I'd want to make it myself.
I'm looking for a simple way to develop android
games, such as very simple text based RPG or a simple tower defense ( example: robot defense ).
I am now testing the waters with processing.org and I like it, but it's uses a trial and error process for the interface where I code and then test my changes on the phone after about 2 minutes while it builds and uploads.
What I am looking for
What I want do avoid
- a free solution
- powerful enough to do compicated stuff later on ( example: dweller beta rpg )
- an assets centric interface ( way to drag an drop & manage a list of assets )
- wysiwyg window where you drag and position buttons around and see changes as you do them with no need to build out what you have to preview the interface
- rather well documented and supported by a community, popular ( ways to find books or youtube videos on making games )
- (nice to have) export apk or even better a signed apk with my .keystore file
- (optional) cross platform to ios with the same code
- offline tool for windows so that I can develop anywhere with no internet
Close but no cigar
- stupid limitations such as enforced splash screens stating it's using a free version, max number of assets, etc
That being said, I'm open to suggestions. Thank you in advance.
i would recommend unity 3d, its free but the paid version (expensive...) is pretty great too, check out android studio as well, it might come in handy building the ui.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."
Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113
Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)