Post Reply

[Q] What is the best device for Firefox OS

OP erotavlas

18th May 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hi,

I want to buy a new device for Firefox OS that is a better with respect than my ZTE open. I'm interest on a device that is able to run also the future Firefox OS 2.x. An important feature for me is the battery life and I don't care about camera. One good device seems Geeksphone revolution http://www.geeksphone.com/ it costs 167 euros the only thing that I don't like is the Intel atom CPU. What do you suggest?

Thank you
22nd May 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Question
Why don't you like Atom cpu?
22nd May 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeeeWhite

Why don't you like Atom cpu?

Because Atom is less efficient with respect ARM. In particular the model of Atom processor Z2560 mounted in geekphones is made with 32 nm production process and it has a TDP of 3W while Qualcomm-Snapdragon-600 is made with 28 nm production process and it has lower TDP 2.5W.
See this http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Qualcomm-Sna...tel-Atom-Z2560
23rd May 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by erotavlas

Because Atom is less efficient with respect ARM. In particular the model of Atom processor Z2560 mounted in geekphones is made with 32 nm production process and it has a TDP of 3W while Qualcomm-Snapdragon-600 is made with 28 nm production process and it has lower TDP 2.5W.
See this http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Qualcomm-Sna...tel-Atom-Z2560


so that snapgragon consumes 20% less power? correct?
23rd May 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 48
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Donate to Me
More
probably the *best* device would be the Flame reference phone.
will be sold shortly and is aimed at developers, or at least so Mozilla claims.
costs 170USD including WW free shipping.

as long as there is no clarification on how future updates will be supported there is no real best phone anyways, since it is the same as with Android - if the hardware supplier does not offer an upgrade, you are stuck with whatever version you have.
23rd May 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Talking Best device for Firefox OS
Quote:
Originally Posted by linr76

probably the *best* device would be the Flame reference phone.
will be sold shortly and is aimed at developers, or at least so Mozilla claims.
costs 170USD including WW free shipping.

as long as there is no clarification on how future updates will be supported there is no real best phone anyways, since it is the same as with Android - if the hardware supplier does not offer an upgrade, you are stuck with whatever version you have.

I think so
Best device should be Flame reference phone
Look at
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developer_phone_guide/Flame
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developer_phone_guide/Phone_specs
A modern dual core with frequent OS updates

But a good dev phone could be our future Xiaomi Mi2S (look at xiaomi_mi_2s-5397 in gsmarena 16GB model) with Firefox OS 1.3 optimized.
And, of course, frequent updates to latest stable version of Firefox OS
Coming soon, stay tuned
9th June 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #7  
suoko's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 21
 
493 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erotavlas

Hi,

I want to buy a new device for Firefox OS that is a better with respect than my ZTE open. I'm interest on a device that is able to run also the future Firefox OS 2.x. An important feature for me is the battery life and I don't care about camera. One good device seems Geeksphone revolution http://www.geeksphone.com/ it costs 167 euros the only thing that I don't like is the Intel atom CPU. What do you suggest?

Thank you

You probably know that you can buy the flame from everbuying now.
I wanted to inform all of you that you can get the 10% discount (which is offered by everbuying to its new customers) by using their mobile website.
13th June 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Service
Quote:
Originally Posted by erotavlas

Hi,

I want to buy a new device for Firefox OS that is a better with respect than my ZTE open. I'm interest on a device that is able to run also the future Firefox OS 2.x. An important feature for me is the battery life and I don't care about camera. One good device seems Geeksphone revolution ttp://www.geeksphone.com/ it costs 167 euros the only thing that I don't like is the Intel atom CPU. What do you suggest?

Thank you

Yesterday I read a new on news portal that Mozilla joined hands with Intex and Spice to offer their own smartphone. Now you were thinking of the price..Interestingly, they have mentioned that they will launch that smartphone with an ultra low price of just Rs 1500. Isn't it amazing.
But they have taken 1 year time to made it available in public. So it will be really interesting to view what they are planning to give in such a negotiable cost and what quality will be available.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes