Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 47,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Using tf701 dock

Tip us?

vampyric_blood
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Using tf701 dock

Has anyone tried using the tf701 dock with the tf700. I. Am looking at getting the dock so my tablet can replace my laptop and i am trying to look at all the options. I am really interested if this would work so i can have a usb 3.0 port instead of 2.0. I know the tf701 is .3mm thicker that the tf700, but i do have a screen protector and carbon fiber back protector on it so maybe that will fill in the gap.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

wotlos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyric_blood View Post
Has anyone tried using the tf701 dock with the tf700. I. Am looking at getting the dock so my tablet can replace my laptop and i am trying to look at all the options. I am really interested if this would work so i can have a usb 3.0 port instead of 2.0. I know the tf701 is .3mm thicker that the tf700, but i do have a screen protector and carbon fiber back protector on it so maybe that will fill in the gap.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
There have been alot of discussions about the new TF701 and its dock. The main issues revolve around the new (smaller) proprietary connector on the TF701, so to answer your question no, unfortunately the data connections don't mate.
Sprint Unlimited Everything
-Samsung Galaxy Note 3
-Samsung Galaxy S III

-Asus Transformer Infinity TF701T (rooted, stock JB)
-Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (rooted, stock ICS)
-Viewsonic GTablet (rooted, custom rom)

-Mini iMito MX1 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Google TV Box HD IPTV Player PC Rockchip RK3066 1G DDR3 1.6Ghz Cortex A9 (Silver)

duman715
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default tried

yep i tried different socket dont fit tf701 dock

allendj81
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I've been using the tf300 keyboard and it works flawlessly! The tablet fits a bit loose on the keyboard bay but I just use some leftovers of a skin protector that I had from an older phone to make some padding to make if fit a bit tighter. The tf300 battery has a bigger battery than the tf700 one.

D2TMO - MultiBoot
Galaxy Gear - Null Rom android
Asus Transformer TF700 - CROMI X 5.4