Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flickering screen problem

Tip us?

LMGray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus1 View Post
My personal opinion I think it's not the LCD but the GPU, because my screen display artifacts like that of a dying PC GPU.
It that something I can have replaced?

foo
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I had the same problem. The display started flickering, then after I switched it off and on again, the display stayed black, although I could still hear incoming notifications. I sent it in for repair. In the repair log, they told me that a cable was replaced. Since I received it back, it has been working without any problems.
The repair was very quick here in Germany. I sent it in on a Monday and received it back the same week on Friday - that's really quick! I could also check the status online.
Entertained by innovation
The Following User Says Thank You to foo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dt33
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Its the LCD ribbon cable that is loose and its at bottom of the ribbon cable that need to "tighten up". Can put electric cable over so it wont become loose again.Might need few tries to do it correct.

Link200
Old
(Last edited by Link200; 31st May 2014 at 11:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
I have been getting horizontal artifacts when using hardware acceleration for videos since the 4.4 update myself. I'm thinking the update may have changed clock speeds or something.

LMGray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt33 View Post
Its the LCD ribbon cable that is loose and its at bottom of the ribbon cable that need to "tighten up". Can put electric cable over so it wont become loose again.Might need few tries to do it correct.
Thank you for the advice.

It does seem strange that it never happens in the boot animations. Only in android itself.

what is the best way to open the tablet without damage? The back or the front.

Thank you in advance

dt33
Old
(Last edited by dt33; 10th June 2014 at 03:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMGray View Post
Thank you for the advice.

It does seem strange that it never happens in the boot animations. Only in android itself.

what is the best way to open the tablet without damage? The back or the front.

Thank you in advance
It happens again yesterday, after the tab got lights hits/shaking etc.... past months and the screen starts to show symptons of flickering. But this time I didnt wait until it goes total black, since I know what causing the problem.

Just open the backcover with fingernails (or whatever tools needed, like creditcard but fingernails works best and fastest to open with ) and this time I just needed to remove ribbon cable from zif connector and reinsert it again. Then jsut be sure push a little at bottom of the LCD ribbon cable too. The problem went right away.
The Following User Says Thank You to dt33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LMGray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt33 View Post
It happens again yesterday, after the tab got lights hits/shaking etc.... past months and the screen starts to show symptons of flickering. But this time I didnt wait until it goes total black, since I know what causing the problem.

Just open the backcover with fingernails (or whatever tools needed, like creditcard but fingernails works best and fastest to open with ) and this time I just needed to remove ribbon cable from zif connector and reinsert it again. Then jsut be sure push a little at bottom of the LCD ribbon cable too. The problem went right away.
Thank you

I have opened the Tablet and for two days everything is going great. Thank you all for all the help.