Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flickering screen problem

OP LMGray

30th May 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus1

My personal opinion I think it's not the LCD but the GPU, because my screen display artifacts like that of a dying PC GPU.

It that something I can have replaced?
30th May 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 13

237 posts
More
I had the same problem. The display started flickering, then after I switched it off and on again, the display stayed black, although I could still hear incoming notifications. I sent it in for repair. In the repair log, they told me that a cable was replaced. Since I received it back, it has been working without any problems.
The repair was very quick here in Germany. I sent it in on a Monday and received it back the same week on Friday - that's really quick! I could also check the status online.
The Following User Says Thank You to foo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 47

296 posts
Its the LCD ribbon cable that is loose and its at bottom of the ribbon cable that need to "tighten up". Can put electric cable over so it wont become loose again.Might need few tries to do it correct.
1st June 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 14

67 posts
More
I have been getting horizontal artifacts when using hardware acceleration for videos since the 4.4 update myself. I'm thinking the update may have changed clock speeds or something.
Last edited by Link200; 1st June 2014 at 12:05 AM.
10th June 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt33

Its the LCD ribbon cable that is loose and its at bottom of the ribbon cable that need to "tighten up". Can put electric cable over so it wont become loose again.Might need few tries to do it correct.

Thank you for the advice.

It does seem strange that it never happens in the boot animations. Only in android itself.

what is the best way to open the tablet without damage? The back or the front.

Thank you in advance
10th June 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 47

296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMGray

Thank you for the advice.

It does seem strange that it never happens in the boot animations. Only in android itself.

what is the best way to open the tablet without damage? The back or the front.

Thank you in advance

It happens again yesterday, after the tab got lights hits/shaking etc.... past months and the screen starts to show symptons of flickering. But this time I didnt wait until it goes total black, since I know what causing the problem.

Just open the backcover with fingernails (or whatever tools needed, like creditcard but fingernails works best and fastest to open with ) and this time I just needed to remove ribbon cable from zif connector and reinsert it again. Then jsut be sure push a little at bottom of the LCD ribbon cable too. The problem went right away.
Last edited by dt33; 10th June 2014 at 04:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dt33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt33

It happens again yesterday, after the tab got lights hits/shaking etc.... past months and the screen starts to show symptons of flickering. But this time I didnt wait until it goes total black, since I know what causing the problem.

Just open the backcover with fingernails (or whatever tools needed, like creditcard but fingernails works best and fastest to open with ) and this time I just needed to remove ribbon cable from zif connector and reinsert it again. Then jsut be sure push a little at bottom of the LCD ribbon cable too. The problem went right away.

Thank you

I have opened the Tablet and for two days everything is going great. Thank you all for all the help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread