Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more
Post Reply

[Q] how to uninstall twrp and cwm recovery?

OP amzyaamir

1st May 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hello Friends,
I have got twrp and cwm recovery installed in my phone.When i start my phone in recovery it runs in cwm recovery and when i reboot my phone iit runs twrp instead of my rom.I tried wiping the data through cwm recovery, but with no success.I have got stock jb installed on my phone. Please help.
1st May 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #2  
mefistoreyon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Varna
Thanks Meter: 147
 
611 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
You saying that phone cant boot ? Try to flash again the recovery you want (Flash the right recovery! For Hboot 1.24 flash ics, for 1.25 flash jb) then go to recovery) Or just flash the stock recovery ? You can find it in the forum.

Sent from my Desire X using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #3  
nightwalkerkg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 482
 
559 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Sounds to me like you flashed JB recovery on ICS hboot.
10th June 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefistoreyon

You saying that phone cant boot ? Try to flash again the recovery you want (Flash the right recovery! For Hboot 1.24 flash ics, for 1.25 flash jb) then go to recovery) Or just flash the stock recovery ? You can find it in the forum.

Sent from my Desire X using Tapatalk

yes i can boot my phone in twrp only.When i switch on my phone it enters into twrp directly instead of rom and when i start it in recovery it enters in to cwr.i installed stock recovery also which replaced cwr but with no success.my phone still boots in twrp
10th June 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
[QUOTE=nightwalkerkg;52346542]Sounds to me like you flashed JB recovery on ICS hboot.
so wat happens when one does that??
i mean does my problem looks the same??
wat to do please help me
11th June 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 932
 
2,420 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzyaamir

yes i can boot my phone in twrp only.When i switch on my phone it enters into twrp directly instead of rom and when i start it in recovery it enters in to cwr.i installed stock recovery also which replaced cwr but with no success.my phone still boots in twrp

You installed twrp to boot partition, that's why it boots directly into twrp (using fastboot flash boot twrp.img) You need to flash TWRP to recovery partition (using fastboot flash recovery twrp.img). Then enter recovery, install ROM, and flash boot image to boot partition (fastboot flash boot boot.img).
13th June 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

You installed twrp to boot partition, that's why it boots directly into twrp (using fastboot flash boot twrp.img) You need to flash TWRP to recovery partition (using fastboot flash recovery twrp.img). Then enter recovery, install ROM, and flash boot image to boot partition (fastboot flash boot boot.img).

thank you for your help.i flash boot boot.img file and twrp got replaced.but i have come up with a new problem now.my phone is s- on and its not accepting the rom which i downloaded from here(2.20.401.5_Deodexed). i thought because my phone is s-on it might accept the original jb rom(ROM_JB_STOCK_HTC_DESIRE_X_INDIA_HTC__038) but still even this version is not installing. so now my phone is not having any rom.what should i do???

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes