Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,652 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reboot recovery

Tip us?

dougthemug
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Default Reboot recovery

Hey, I just recently installed twrp, and I know this a common question, but for the life of me, I can't access recovery from back buttons at all, hold power and down, get lg logo release, press again to recovery? Had to get quick reboot, but worried when flashing new Rom or mods won't be able to get into recovery for a fix if something goes Bork...I'll keep trying
Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

bender_007
Old
Thanks Meter 1361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougthemug View Post
Hey, I just recently installed twrp, and I know this a common question, but for the life of me, I can't access recovery from back buttons at all, hold power and down, get lg logo release, press again to recovery? Had to get quick reboot, but worried when flashing new Rom or mods won't be able to get into recovery for a fix if something goes Bork...I'll keep trying
after the lg logo try holding volume up + volume down.
The Following User Says Thank You to bender_007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dougthemug
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Nope, no go either...

Matze060906
Old
Thanks Meter 78
When the phone is off, press and hold volume up and power button. Then you get into recovery...

Gesendet von meinem B1-710 mit Tapatalk

JRJ442
Old
Thanks Meter 1141

DONATE TO ME
@dougthemug
From a power off state, hold power and volume down. When you see the LG logo, let go and quickly HOLD power and volume down again. Keep holding and after a few seconds you should see a white screen that says something about factory reset blah blah. Tap the power button 3 times and it will take you to TWRP. If you're ever stuck in a bootloop, long press the power button. When you feel a vibration, immediately go through the same steps to get back into recovery. Does take some practice so you may wanna try it when you have some spare time to get the hang of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to JRJ442 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

60nine
Old
Thanks Meter 696

DONATE TO ME
you can use xposed module called Advanced power menu - it gives you an option to reboot into recovery using power button from the system shut down/power off menu...

before i found that module - i used "switch pro widget" which has a shut down/reboot icon included which worked as well...
Enjoy my mixes and drop a comment there if you like them: www.soundcloud.com/60nine or www.mixcrate.com/60nine

- LG G2 D802 - Bruce's Stock v20f KK4.4.2 // Dorimanx kernel 6.x
- LG Optimus 2x - TonyP's TheRom v26 + Kowalski kernel
- Prestigio Multipad PMP7100D - Stock JB4.1.1

dougthemug
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
OK, This is weird, it worked by holding power and volume down together for about 5 seconds, it popped up the same way, but appreciate the help

The Following User Says Thank You to dougthemug For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]