Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

[Q] How to troubleshoot random reboots on stock ROM - Galaxy Note 3?

OP dylansmith

4th June 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #11  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 92

426 posts
More
I was experiencing random reboots on the stock ROM for my KFHD when I was running stock. Turns out it was caused by me adjusting the DPI to a custom value.

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a Kindle Fire HD running Cyanogenmod 11<<<
7th June 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0enix_216

I was experiencing random reboots on the stock ROM for my KFHD when I was running stock. Turns out it was caused by me adjusting the DPI to a custom value.

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a Kindle Fire HD running Cyanogenmod 11<<<

that could be one possible cause as I have certain preset dpi's for apps using Xposed.

any other possibilities and any other way to avoid it?
11th June 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #13  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 92

426 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylansmith

that could be one possible cause as I have certain preset dpi's for apps using Xposed.

any other possibilities and any other way to avoid it?

The only thing I can suggest is resting the DPI to stock, unfortunetly. Or a DPI that is known to work well with your device.
13th June 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0enix_216

The only thing I can suggest is resting the DPI to stock, unfortunetly. Or a DPI that is known to work well with your device.

just curious - did anyone look through my logcat to see if there are other causes? i already restored to default DPI but still experiencing the same issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread