Support for Note 3 Neo Duos (SM-N7502), Chainfire CFAUTOROOT Available Now!

Search This thread

TASL

Nov 26, 2011
Los Angeles USA
I have tried every root technique possible, even the De La Vega method from the OG Note 3, with no success. The N750/N7505 use an Exynos chip that makes the CFAUTOROOT and TWRP builds for those models incompatible with the Qualcomm Duos version.

I've posted the recovery.img in Chainfire's thread, posted my question in the de la vega thread, and requested a TWRP in bigbiff's thread.

Are there any other users searching for support? Is there a way for a non-programmer to create a root solution from guides on XDA? I hope someone takes some interest in this device to at least get root and hopefully a custom recovery for backups. Cheers.

Last edited:

rsawoseyin

May 26, 2007
Lagos
I desperately want to root my Neo SM-N7502 as well. I nearly bricked mine when I tried the Chainfire root file for N750 - it failed to root and would no longer boot. I had to resort to Samsung's recovery procedure.

Alif1448

May 14, 2007
I alao tried vroot and oneclick root with no success. Tried chainfire root for 7505 and bricked the phone. So reflashing the original Samsung rom by rom.. Asmed chainfire in his thread and Google+ but atill no answer...

Any further guide will be highly appreciated...

Igr1

Aug 11, 2008
Haifa
It looks like we have no root possibility right now.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

dsader

May 19, 2014
I desperately want to root my Neo SM-N7502 as well. I nearly bricked mine when I tried the Chainfire root file for N750 - it failed to root and would no longer boot. I had to resort to Samsung's recovery procedure.

Hello everybody.
I have tried to root my Neo SM-N7502 using the N750 CF Auto Root and of course it failed. Now my phone is bricked.
When I tried to update the firmware using Kies, the process is failing giving me a message that my device's version cannot be updated. I'm now stuck and I don't know what to do next and my device is still bricked. Any ides?

Thank you,
Daniel

Alif1448

May 14, 2007
Hello everybody.
I have tried to root my Neo SM-N7502 using the N750 CF Auto Root and of course it failed. Now my phone is bricked.
When I tried to update the firmware using Kies, the process is failing giving me a message that my device's version cannot be updated. I'm now stuck and I don't know what to do next and my device is still bricked. Any ides?

Thank you,
Daniel

Hi. You just download the original rom and flash it with odin.

It worked for me.

TASL

Nov 26, 2011
Los Angeles USA
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498850

According to this thread from the Note 3 forum, the script"[will] create Root de la Vega for any device that has the necessary hooks." I have downloaded the appropriate stock ROM for the SM-N7502, successfully run the script (which indicates that the necessary system hooks exist), and successfully booted up with the modified ROM.

After that, the thread says to copy over the ROOT files to the sdcard, reboot, then remove the ROOT files, and reboot a final time. The end result, no ROOT. Can someone take a look at the ROOT files and see if we can adjust anything to make it work for our device?

Somehow, the script does not execute the SH file from the ROOT files after reboot... but I do not understand why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Igr1

سامي12

May 16, 2014
root note n7502

According to this thread from the Note 3 forum, the script"[will] create Root de la Vega for any device that has the necessary hooks." I have downloaded the appropriate stock ROM for the SM-N7502, successfully run the script (which indicates that the necessary system hooks exist), and successfully booted up with the modified ROM.

After that, the thread says to copy over the ROOT files to the sdcard, reboot, then remove the ROOT files, and reboot a final time. The end result, no ROOT. Can someone take a look at the ROOT files and see if we can adjust anything to make it work for our device?

Somehow, the script does not execute the SH file from the ROOT files after reboot... but I do not understand why.

root note n7502 http://download.chainfire.eu/433/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-hl3gds-hl3gdsxx-smn7502.zip

TASL

Nov 26, 2011
Los Angeles USA
Are you able to post the full procedure of rooting, please?

Follow the link posted or goto the cfautoroot page and get the file for our device. Inside the zip are Odin files and the cfautoroot package.

Put the phone in download mode (from powered off, hold vol down and the home key and the power key simultaneously, then press volume up at the confirmation page to continue into download mode).

Once in download mode, connect your phone to your computer and open the Odin app. Click the AP button and select the cfautoroot package. Then click start.

Phone will reboot into cfautoroot mode. Let it do its thing (should see mobile Odin text in red). It will reboot again and boom, done.

Google for directions if you need more detailed instructions, pretty much the se for every device. Thankfully our device doesnt have a locked bootloader to deal with.

nation9k

Mar 30, 2012
Nairobi
Rooted....

Just rooted my new SM-N7502 6 hours after I got it. Thanks again for the link and to Chainfire, you're the man... :cowboy::cowboy::good:

yshaka

May 20, 2013
강유리
N7502xxuanh2

Have rooted my SM-N7502 with N7502XXUANC4 rom, when i upgrade it to N7502XXUANH2, re-rooting dont work.
Any suggestion?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    root note n7502

root note n7502 http://download.chainfire.eu/433/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-hl3gds-hl3gdsxx-smn7502.zip
    I have tried every root technique possible, even the De La Vega method from the OG Note 3, with no success. The N750/N7505 use an Exynos chip that makes the CFAUTOROOT and TWRP builds for those models incompatible with the Qualcomm Duos version.

I've posted the recovery.img in Chainfire's thread, posted my question in the de la vega thread, and requested a TWRP in bigbiff's thread.

Are there any other users searching for support? Is there a way for a non-programmer to create a root solution from guides on XDA? I hope someone takes some interest in this device to at least get root and hopefully a custom recovery for backups. Cheers.
    Hello everybody.

Thank you,
    Daniel

Hi. You just download the original rom and flash it with odin.

It worked for me.
    Are you able to post the full procedure of rooting, please?

Follow the link posted or goto the cfautoroot page and get the file for our device. Inside the zip are Odin files and the cfautoroot package.

Put the phone in download mode (from powered off, hold vol down and the home key and the power key simultaneously, then press volume up at the confirmation page to continue into download mode).

Once in download mode, connect your phone to your computer and open the Odin app. Click the AP button and select the cfautoroot package. Then click start.

Phone will reboot into cfautoroot mode. Let it do its thing (should see mobile Odin text in red). It will reboot again and boom, done.

Google for directions if you need more detailed instructions, pretty much the se for every device. Thankfully our device doesnt have a locked bootloader to deal with.
    do u mean that this is success root for n7502

As far as I know, yes this method works on the stock firmware.