[Q] Any way of unlocking the bootloader without wipe?

OP cabasse_tronic

25th May 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

205 posts
I want to install a custon kernel on my One and root it. but want to keep my stock base, with all my apps, messages, settings, etc.. don;t want to full wipe it like on htcdev.com.
Is there a way of doing it without wipe?? if yes. which one. thanks
25th May 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,076

3,986 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse_tronic

I want to install a custon kernel on my One and root it. but want to keep my stock base, with all my apps, messages, settings, etc.. don;t want to full wipe it like on htcdev.com.
Is there a way of doing it without wipe?? if yes. which one. thanks

It's not possible
Verizon phones use a temp-root method to get s-off and unlock and it also wipes the phone as I recall.

Quote:

If you're working with the 2013 HTC One (M7), WeakSauce is a suitable root method for use with firewater, which can be used to get S-OFF. Once the phone is set to S-OFF, you have the option of installing a custom recovery and rooting with a more traditional method. You're free to uninstall WeakSauce after the phone has been permanently rooted

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03...se-and-beaups/

Quote:

If you're on 4.2.2 there's rumrunner. If you're on 4.3 there's firewater. If you're on 4.4.2 you'll have to wait a bit.

28th May 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

205 posts
I'm already s-off.. but locked bootloader. Want to root and install custom kernel (with gestures) but don't want to loose games, photos, sms, etc..

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th May 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,982

6,958 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse_tronic

I'm already s-off.. but locked bootloader. Want to root and install custom kernel (with gestures) but don't want to loose games, photos, sms, etc..

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Already S-Off, look here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475914
13th June 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

205 posts
can anybody help me with a tutorial?? want to root access, backup my phone and install custom port. if i don't like it, wanna come back to stock rooted but without loosing anything on my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread