Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any way of unlocking the bootloader without wipe?

Tip us?

cabasse_tronic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Any way of unlocking the bootloader without wipe?

I want to install a custon kernel on my One and root it. but want to keep my stock base, with all my apps, messages, settings, etc.. don;t want to full wipe it like on htcdev.com.
Is there a way of doing it without wipe?? if yes. which one. thanks

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse_tronic View Post
I want to install a custon kernel on my One and root it. but want to keep my stock base, with all my apps, messages, settings, etc.. don;t want to full wipe it like on htcdev.com.
Is there a way of doing it without wipe?? if yes. which one. thanks
It's not possible
Verizon phones use a temp-root method to get s-off and unlock and it also wipes the phone as I recall.

Quote:
If you're working with the 2013 HTC One (M7), WeakSauce is a suitable root method for use with firewater, which can be used to get S-OFF. Once the phone is set to S-OFF, you have the option of installing a custom recovery and rooting with a more traditional method. You're free to uninstall WeakSauce after the phone has been permanently rooted

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03...se-and-beaups/
Quote:
If you're on 4.2.2 there's rumrunner. If you're on 4.3 there's firewater. If you're on 4.4.2 you'll have to wait a bit.
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

cabasse_tronic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I'm already s-off.. but locked bootloader. Want to root and install custom kernel (with gestures) but don't want to loose games, photos, sms, etc..

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ckpv5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8344

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse_tronic View Post
I'm already s-off.. but locked bootloader. Want to root and install custom kernel (with gestures) but don't want to loose games, photos, sms, etc..

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Already S-Off, look here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475914
M8 - 1.54.707.7 - TWRP 2.7.1.0
M7 - 5.12.707.3 - TWRP 2.7.0.4

cabasse_tronic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
can anybody help me with a tutorial?? want to root access, backup my phone and install custom port. if i don't like it, wanna come back to stock rooted but without loosing anything on my phone.