Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock 4.4.2 V50020b WiFi problem

Tip us?

bloommax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Stock 4.4.2 V50020b WiFi problem

WiFi refuses to connect occasionally after waking up. Need to toggle the airplane mode to restore the connection. Sometimes the WiFi on/off switch will also stuck. You cannot toggle it until a reboot. Can anybody else replicate the problem?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

bloommax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
After disabling the "Scanning always available" option, the problem hasn't appeared for a day. I checked the advanced WiFi settings of 4.2.2 and couldn't find the same option. It's likely that Google introduced the bug in KitKat because I heard lots of similar complaints from Nexus users.

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 50
That may explain why I have not seen this since I always change that setting...

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app

jionny
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloommax View Post
After disabling the "Scanning always available" option, the problem hasn't appeared for a day. I checked the advanced WiFi settings of 4.2.2 and couldn't find the same option. It's likely that Google introduced the bug in KitKat because I heard lots of similar complaints from Nexus users.

Sorry, but where is the scanning always available option? I too am having the same problem and so far only fix i found was turning wifi off when not using tablet then turning back on and i never have to reboot, but if i leave it on always have to reboot to get wifi back

bloommax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jionny View Post
Sorry, but where is the scanning always available option? I too am having the same problem and so far only fix i found was turning wifi off when not using tablet then turning back on and i never have to reboot, but if i leave it on always have to reboot to get wifi back
Settings->Wi-Fi, then press the menu soft button; in the pop-up menu, select "Advanced Wi-Fi".

The Following User Says Thank You to bloommax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jionny
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloommax View Post
Settings->Wi-Fi, then press the menu soft button; in the pop-up menu, select "Advanced Wi-Fi".

My wifi scanning option was diabled but i have the same problem and now I just turn my wifi off manually until i use and it never sticks or needs to reboot to get wifi

Hyperion777
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue since I updated to KitKat...

no fix found yet
Samsung Galaxy S2
Stock XXLSW ROM with CF-Root

LG GPad 8.3
Stock V50020B ROM