Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MicroSD card ~ Write Permissions?

Tip us?

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 860
Default MicroSD card ~ Write Permissions?

We all know that since KitKat 4.4.2 Google has clamped down on writing to the MicroSD card.
To that I have a couple of questions I'm going to throw into the audience:-

1. Default Camera photo/video storage
Do we know for definite if the G3 allows you to save your photo and video files directly to the MicroSD card?
I can not remember seeing a choice between Internal or External.

2. Default File Manager writing to the MicroSD card
As file managers such as Solid Explorer etc. now no longer have write permissions (unless rooted) for the MicroSD card, the only file managers that can now write to MicroSD is those that have been given write permissions as in the default file manager.
Question being, again do we know for definite if the G3 default File Manager will allow you to copy to the MicroSD card?

If the answer is yes, then just how good is the G3's default File Manager?
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.

arnonrgo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default RE:Default MicroSD card ~ Write Permissions

Yes and yes - both programs support writing to the SD card
I've used both features on my F400K
The explorer is not the best of its kind but it is OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards View Post
We all know that since KitKat 4.4.2 Google has clamped down on writing to the MicroSD card.

Do we know for definite if the G3 allows you to save your photo and video files directly to the MicroSD card?

As file managers such as Solid Explorer etc. now no longer have write permissions (unless rooted) for the MicroSD card, the only file managers that can now write to MicroSD is those that have been given write permissions as in the default file manager.
Question being, again do we know for definite if the G3 default File Manager will allow you to copy to the MicroSD card?

The Following User Says Thank You to arnonrgo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnonrgo View Post
Yes and yes - both programs support writing to the SD card
I've used both features on my F400K
The explorer is not the best of its kind but it is OK
Thanks.
That's another tick in the box.
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.

mikeythedude
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:

Similar to the user above, I can read/write to my 32gb FAT32 formatted MicroSDHC card with the G3 file explorer. I personally prefer ES File explorer myself, but I found no issues with their default file explorer. Hope that helps answer your question
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikeythedude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arnonrgo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Also

By the way you can also you can set the LG PC Suite to sync to the SD
The Following User Says Thank You to arnonrgo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeythedude View Post
Similar to the user above, I can read/write to my 32gb FAT32 formatted MicroSDHC card with the G3 file explorer. I personally prefer ES File explorer myself, but I found no issues with their default file explorer. Hope that helps answer your question
Definitely, thanks also left to you.

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnonrgo View Post
By the way you can also you can set the LG PC Suite to sync to the SD
Interesting..... I'm not familiar with this software. I'll have to look into it.
Thanks added.

hoangnova
Old
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Interesting..... I'm not familiar with this software. I'll have to look into it.
Thanks added.
Follow this guide. http://lgviet.com/forum/threads/fix-...-kitkat.14391/
If you like my work, and want to help me click here to donate
The Following User Says Thank You to hoangnova For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangnova View Post
Thanks..... Only problem though it's not in English.
No problem though, I'll sort it out later.
Thanks left to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Beards For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]