13th June 2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks Meter 80
Join Date: Jun 2013
[Tutorial] Install a custom recovery
I've decided to make this short tutorial because some days ago I've tried to install a custom recovery on my old device (mini pro, sk17i)
and there were only a very few information how to do it. To save you the everlasting search I summarise my results here for you.
- You must be on a stock rom (e.g. 4.1.B.0.587...)
- For method 1: Your phone must be rooted
Installing a custom recovery
If you're on a stock firmware, the easiest way is to let the work be done by an app called x-Parts
Install it, run it, switch to "Installs" and let it install cwm (it's regardless of whether your bootloader is locked or not ). Switch to "Tools" and try to reboot into the recovery!
Another possibility consists in installing a custom kernel like f.e. nobodyAtall's 2.6 kernel. Custom kernels are usually flashed as a boot.img and have a custom recovery already integrated.
I'd appreciate your feedback or recomendations, also feel free to push the thanks button if this was helpful for you!
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
* thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or
* unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any
* concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
* choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
* for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh.