Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,911 Members 50,013 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Core magically working again... any explanations?

Tip us?

kittuboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Core magically working again... any explanations?

So the other day, I decided I wanted to remove root on my Core for once and for all, and fired up Odin.

And being the idiot I am, I selected "NAND erase all" and allowed it to finish, smiling stupidly. Surprise, the phone refused to boot up. It wasn't even stuck in the bootloop: it would just start off with the "Samsung" flourish, then the "SAMSUNG" would glow back and forth. I waited for the booting to finish. I gave it ten minutes, an hour, and eventually the whole night; no dice.

I realised my blunder. I took it to a small service center I know, and asked him whether he could fix it. He tried quite hard for a week, and eventually gave up. I took it back from him and decided to take it to a Samsung center. Note, status so far is unchanged. The phone managed to run out of battery waiting for the boot to finish.

Now for the weird twist. While I had it at home today, sitting aside nicely switched off, it magically switched itself on. I was puzzled to see it starting up, but even more bewildered when it started initial setup- as good as new!

So my question: Should I start believing in good gremlins? Or does someone out there "know this feel" and have an explanation?
Looking forward to any theories that would explain this. And if nothing, well... gremlins.

EDIT: I wanted to remove root because I had got myself a Nexus 4 (Yes, yes, I know, quite a big leap) and wanted to pass this on to a cousin. Thought I'd clean up all data and then go about it

amirandrubik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Bro..what are u talking?

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

F@HIM
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Bro this is XDA forum and not essay writing competition......

Always press the thanks button if helped
The Following User Says Thank You to F@HIM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kittuboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirandrubik View Post
Bro..what are u talking?

Bro, I'm just telling you what happened. And I'm asking whether someone here might have an explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F@HIM View Post
Bro this is XDA forum and not essay writing competition......

It wasn't an essay, bro. It was just a query for an explanation, bro

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Ericsson z550i - Battery kaput, phone lost.
Some Nokia X thingy (before M$ bought them out) - Too scared of Nokia. No touch.
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i - Tried several ROMs, came back to stock, handed over to dad (poor guy.)
Samsung Galaxy Core i8262 - Rooted, unrooted, rerooted, hard bricked, magically restored itself (honest!), handed over to dad (ace-i went to grandpa, hehe)

LG-Google Nexus 4 - Stock, rooted, xposed, CM, stock, Pac-Man, Android L Preview

F@HIM
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittuboy View Post
Bro, I'm just telling you what happened. And I'm asking whether someone here might have an explanation.

It wasn't an essay, bro. It was just a query for an explanation, bro

Bro just be short and simple abt your probs.....we r not interested whether you gave your phone to your brother or to your dog......lol

kittuboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
That doesn't answer my question. Never mind.

Mods, this thread doesn't seem to be helping, could it be closed? Thanks!

Sony Ericsson z550i - Battery kaput, phone lost.
Some Nokia X thingy (before M$ bought them out) - Too scared of Nokia. No touch.
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i - Tried several ROMs, came back to stock, handed over to dad (poor guy.)
Samsung Galaxy Core i8262 - Rooted, unrooted, rerooted, hard bricked, magically restored itself (honest!), handed over to dad (ace-i went to grandpa, hehe)

LG-Google Nexus 4 - Stock, rooted, xposed, CM, stock, Pac-Man, Android L Preview

Mach5
Old
Thanks Meter 110
@malybru