Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM Settings

Tip us?

T3sla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default [Q] CM Settings

I'm running CM10.2 currently but the question applies to CM10.1 and CM11 also.Is there a way to save the system settings like display, sound, language etc. so when you make a factory reset or reflash you won't have to set the rom again?

godlesplay
Old
Thanks Meter 138
make backup with titaniumbackup and after factory reset restore only data
holo to white for legacy xperia cm11 by me
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611955
The Following User Says Thank You to godlesplay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
make backup with titaniumbackup and after factory reset restore only data
You can't restore data on CM settings after you have upgrade/downgrade your rom....a lot of FC will happen if you do that....CM10.1, CM10.2 and CM11 have different settings....just set it up again...its not like you needed 1-2 hour to set it up...just a couple of minutes will do...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone : Xperia Mini ProAndroid Version : KK 4.4.4Rom : PAC RomsBaseband Version : .587Kernel : v3.4.0-LX

godlesplay
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPusak Gaoq™ View Post
You can't restore data on CM settings after you have upgrade/downgrade your rom....a lot of FC will happen if you do that....CM10.1, CM10.2 and CM11 have different settings....just set it up again...its not like you needed 1-2 hour to set it up...just a couple of minutes will do...
but he wrote about reflash same rom not about update rom, so if he want to reflash same rom he can make backup with TB

T3sla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
but he wrote about reflash same rom not about update rom, so if he want to reflash same rom he can make backup with TB
That's what i meant, not keeping settings between different versions.So if i got it right, make a backup of Settings.apk and restore only data?

godlesplay
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3sla View Post
That's what i meant, not keeping settings between different versions.So if i got it right, make a backup of Settings.apk and restore only data?
Yes it should works, but I am not 100% sure

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
(Last edited by iPusak Gaoq™; 13th June 2014 at 02:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3sla View Post
If that is the case then backup Settings Storage/SettingsProvider.apk not Settings.apk cause every setup you make is kept in SettingsProvider.apk not Settings.apk....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone : Xperia Mini ProAndroid Version : KK 4.4.4Rom : PAC RomsBaseband Version : .587Kernel : v3.4.0-LX

The Following User Says Thank You to iPusak Gaoq™ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]