Groove IP Google Voice 3rd Party apps No longer accepted

OP nic9212

4th June 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I am not sure if there was an forum about how google voice is no longer letting 3rd part apps work. I loved using my groove ip when I didn't have service at certain places I would go. Any suggestions? Groove Ip says port # to ring.to. Any one know how to port google voice to ring.to?
Thanks
7th June 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic9212

I am not sure if there was an forum about how google voice is no longer letting 3rd part apps work. I loved using my groove ip when I didn't have service at certain places I would go. Any suggestions? Groove Ip says port # to ring.to. Any one know how to port google voice to ring.to?
Thanks

I was wondering the same thing but it seems like it still works for me.
13th June 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Mine obviously doesn't connect when I try to call a number. I'm wondering if you switch to ring.to, can you still use your GV credits to do international calls?
13th June 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 91

744 posts
When I saw this coming, I didn't update GV IP. I'm still on 1.4.8. I can still make calls through GV IP as of this writing. I wrote GV IP's dev and he said that, while GV IP can no longer use the API, Google has not yet removed the service. This is why it still works.

Who knows how long it will take Google to actually remove the service, so for now, I'll stick with 1.4.8.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank