Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Groove IP Google Voice 3rd Party apps No longer accepted

Tip us?

nic9212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Groove IP Google Voice 3rd Party apps No longer accepted

I am not sure if there was an forum about how google voice is no longer letting 3rd part apps work. I loved using my groove ip when I didn't have service at certain places I would go. Any suggestions? Groove Ip says port # to ring.to. Any one know how to port google voice to ring.to?
Thanks

fusiondynamics
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic9212 View Post
I am not sure if there was an forum about how google voice is no longer letting 3rd part apps work. I loved using my groove ip when I didn't have service at certain places I would go. Any suggestions? Groove Ip says port # to ring.to. Any one know how to port google voice to ring.to?
Thanks
I was wondering the same thing but it seems like it still works for me.

id903
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Mine obviously doesn't connect when I try to call a number. I'm wondering if you switch to ring.to, can you still use your GV credits to do international calls?

snovvman
Old
Thanks Meter 89
When I saw this coming, I didn't update GV IP. I'm still on 1.4.8. I can still make calls through GV IP as of this writing. I wrote GV IP's dev and he said that, while GV IP can no longer use the API, Google has not yet removed the service. This is why it still works.

Who knows how long it will take Google to actually remove the service, so for now, I'll stick with 1.4.8.