Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bad Soft Brick! Please Help

OP Jamshm

13th June 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Someone please help. I Odin'd my phone and after it restarted it would go through half the boot screen and then turn black and vibrate. I can get into Download mode for about 3 seconds then it goes black and vibrates. I even bought a jig and it gets me to download mode and then goes black and vibrates.

Please help.
13th June 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #2  
Frisco
Thanks Meter: 127

436 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamshm

Someone please help. I Odin'd my phone and after it restarted it would go through half the boot screen and then turn black and vibrate. I can get into Download mode for about 3 seconds then it goes black and vibrates. I even bought a jig and it gets me to download mode and then goes black and vibrates.

Please help.

Does it vibrate non stop... Because this happened to me once... No matter what I did, nothing was able to fix it

-I tried restoring old back ups

-Flashing new Roms

-Deleting and wiping data cache and dalvik cache and under mounts I formatted system

-I went back to stock

I tried every possible solution and nothing worked for me but maybe your case is different so you might want to give this a try

So first register at www.sammobile.com, then search SGH-T769 under firmware and download the August 2012 ICS or The Feb 2013 ICS Firmware, wait for the download to finish (took me 30 minutes) then extract which ever firmware zip you downloaded then using Odin click on PDA and select the .md5 file which is located in the extracted ICS Firmware Folder that you've downloaded from sammobile.com

Download the PIT file here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1919228

Click on PIT in Odin and then select the one downloaded from the link above

Edit: I believe the pit file download link at that thread no longer works but if I remember correctly the pit file isn't needed (it's not do or die) you can continue without it your phone will be fine

then make sure re-partition isn't checked and start the flashing process after it is done flashing and reboots you'll have stock ICS.

*IF YOU WANT TO ROOT IT READ BELOW*

to root it simply follow the instructions over at the root ics stock thread found here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1919228

This will flash a custom recovery and once the recovery is flashed using Odin reboot into recovery and flash the superuser.zip then you'll have Rooted Stock ICS Firmware

*BOOT LOOP MIGHT OCCUR*
To fix boot looping after flashing stock ICS just boot into stock recovery and wipe data and cache then reboot or on custom recover wipe cache and dalvik cache reboot and you're good to go.

If I helped you in anyway don't be afraid to hit thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Jserrano56; 13th June 2014 at 12:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jserrano56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thanks for the response. I would love to do all of that, I just cant get the phone into download mode for more than 3 seconds without it re-booting. Does anyone know how to get me into download mode without rebooting. I have a jig and all cables.

just need to get it to download mode.
13th June 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #4  
Frisco
Thanks Meter: 127

436 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamshm

Thanks for the response. I would love to do all of that, I just cant get the phone into download mode for more than 3 seconds without it re-booting. Does anyone know how to get me into download mode without rebooting. I have a jig and all cables.

just need to get it to download mode.

Reboot while your in recovery?

Reboot while your in download mode?

Reboot while booting up?

Reboot for anything and everything?

If so I'm sorry to say but your phone is done for...when this happened to me I had to fight through the reboots and flash stock even if it took a thousand frustrating tries then once I reset the flash counter I sent the phone off to Samsung and got it exchanged free of charge... Better hope your still under warranty otherwise you're in the market for a new phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th June 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thanks for the information. I am coming to the conclusion that might be the case. I have sifted through multiple threads, tried everything other than a JTAG.

If anyone else has a suggestion, im a very open to hearing it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread