Fastboot Drivers?

OP BLMaros

13th June 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Independence, MO
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
More
Okay guys, I'm not too new to rooting devices, esp. samsung / htc. For some reason I can not get my laptop to find my old Evo when its in fastboot mode. ADB see's it in the os (in debugging mode) but not in Fastboot. I'm trying to root it but of course this is causing an issue. My laptop cant seem to find drivers so I was wondering if anyone had a link for the USB drivers for this guy that will work on windows 8.1

the evo is up to date so I'm hesitant in following an older root method. 2.18.001 if i remember correctly.
13th June 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #2  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,205

12,325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMaros

Okay guys, I'm not too new to rooting devices, esp. samsung / htc. For some reason I can not get my laptop to find my old Evo when its in fastboot mode. ADB see's it in the os (in debugging mode) but not in Fastboot. I'm trying to root it but of course this is causing an issue. My laptop cant seem to find drivers so I was wondering if anyone had a link for the USB drivers for this guy that will work on windows 8.1

the evo is up to date so I'm hesitant in following an older root method. 2.18.001 if i remember correctly.

Because you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to run a USB trace and report it back to Microsoft so they can provide a hotfix for your fastboot driver.

See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50525263
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread