Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ME7 Root questions.

Tip us?

PaulyK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ME7 Root questions.

I am fairly educated about Roms and Flashing although when I bought my Galaxy s4, I had already been on ME7 and did not have Loki like MDK has. I went ahead and SafeStrapped to root my phone using an sd card. Now I am having issues with my phone and need to do something drastic to remove any corrupting apps that are slowing my phone. To my belief, Factory Reseting is my best bet and I know this will remove Root which I am okay with.

However, recently I have been looking into this forum more and noticed there are now Modems to be able to change my Radio? Is that correct? If I were to reRoot my phone and change to say MI1 would that change my kernal and allow me to reRoot my phone at MI1? I was hoping to someday use Roms and customize my S4 but I don't know if i should feel comfortable using SafeStrap to do this and WHICH ROMS are Flashable.

Also, Could somebody please tell me the difference between ME7 and MI1? and if there is a way to update to MI1? Also if it would be worth it to update to MI1 or any new updates out there? I have been absent from the game and I am trying to Jump back in with both feet!

Thanks
PaulyK

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,584

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyK View Post
I am fairly educated about Roms and Flashing although when I bought my Galaxy s4, I had already been on ME7 and did not have Loki like MDK has. I went ahead and SafeStrapped to root my phone using an sd card. Now I am having issues with my phone and need to do something drastic to remove any corrupting apps that are slowing my phone. To my belief, Factory Reseting is my best bet and I know this will remove Root which I am okay with.

However, recently I have been looking into this forum more and noticed there are now Modems to be able to change my Radio? Is that correct? If I were to reRoot my phone and change to say MI1 would that change my kernal and allow me to reRoot my phone at MI1? I was hoping to someday use Roms and customize my S4 but I don't know if i should feel comfortable using SafeStrap to do this and WHICH ROMS are Flashable.

Also, Could somebody please tell me the difference between ME7 and MI1? and if there is a way to update to MI1? Also if it would be worth it to update to MI1 or any new updates out there? I have been absent from the game and I am trying to Jump back in with both feet!

Thanks
PaulyK
Check this thread out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49334432

Explains many things and very helpful.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk