FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Sd card issues - solved

13th June 2014, 11:11 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi guys,

I recently bought an s4 and my 32gb sd card acts weird with it: can't rename files in any other file manager but only with the stock one, can't save camera recorded videos to the SD card only to device memory, when trying to save or to SD card the video disappears. I wonder if this is a sd card issue or a software glitch. I fully reformatted the card but the issue persists.
Anyone with the same experience maybe?

Thank you a lot

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by dg83xx; 13th June 2014 at 03:44 PM.
 
 
13th June 2014, 11:42 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 843
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg83xx

Hi guys,

I recently bought an s4 and my 32gb sd card acts weird with it: can't rename files in any other file manager but only with the stock one, can't save camera recorded videos to the SD card only to device memory, when trying to save or to SD card the video disappears. I wonder if this is a sd card issue or a software glitch. I fully reformatted the card but the issue persists.
Anyone with the same experience maybe?

Thank you a lot

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

you should really include more info.....we can';t guess what rom you are running or if you are rooted or stock or what your firmware is....
13th June 2014, 12:04 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have stock rom, nothing altered.

Thanks so much for your help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402657459066.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	2795740  
13th June 2014, 01:27 PM |#4  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,700
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg83xx

I have stock rom, nothing altered.

Thanks so much for your help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

You can't save anything to the SD card or write on it at all, Google killed write access with kitkat.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
13th June 2014, 02:35 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 843
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg83xx

I have stock rom, nothing altered.

Thanks so much for your help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

stock KitKat won't access extsd card..thanks for providing more info so an answer could be given

sent by bajarom v2.2 kitkat
13th June 2014, 02:55 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
It's interesting, can anything be done about it? I'm not even sure what Kitkat exactly is but it seems like it's not an SD card error at all. As I said I can move staff from memory to SD card but can't seems to directly save pics or videos from an app to throw sd card. Thanks guys for helping me with this. Really appreciate it
13th June 2014, 03:12 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 843
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg83xx

It's interesting, can anything be done about it? I'm not even sure what Kitkat exactly is but it seems like it's not an SD card error at all. As I said I can move staff from memory to SD card but can't seems to directly save pics or videos from an app to throw sd card. Thanks guys for helping me with this. Really appreciate it

Google...

sent by bajarom v2.2 kitkat
13th June 2014, 03:39 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

Google...

sent by bajarom v2.2 kitkat

I think I have found the solution, the stock apps would let me do all the stuff I want, others I would download, do not. For example, the stock camera would let me save to the sd card the one I have from the playstore would not. I think I can live with that knowing that its a sofware issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes