[Discussion]LG G3 Expected Launching

Search This thread

jamezr

Jul 26, 2010
USA
I think the TAM (total available market for you marketing types) in "developing" countries is alot larger than in a mature market like the USA;

That, and what a PITA the US carriers are, all make it easy for phone mfgs. now a days to sell alot of phones in those countries, with fewer problems than they get in the USA..

But then if is true......why not release it already everywhere except the US?
Didn't they do the announcement in the US? Why do that if it wasn't coming here?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
But then if is true......why not release it already everywhere except the US?
Didn't they do the announcement in the US? Why do that if it wasn't coming here?

It is coming here .... they have to manufacture the phone though .... the different 400 L / S / K are all just a little different but not the same .... then you have other versions like vzw sprint Rodgers orange t mobile etc they can't be manufactured at the same time .... depending on hardware etc .... takes time is all I am saying can't be done overnight

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

trincisor

Feb 1, 2008
Nexus 7 (2013)
Asus Zenfone 5Z
Because in America companies are allowed to sell their product as they want. Again, cell phone use is not a regulated utility, nor a right.

How would you like it if you owned a business and people started telling you how to sell your stuff? You would hate it.

If you don't like Verizon, buy from someone else.

I am not questioning a company's right to market position and sell the products as they please.
I am merely raising a point about standards and adhering to them. Imagine not having USB, HDMI, or even the most basic power plug standards.

Why do carriers have to test phones on their network ? Telecom is a widely used product and conforms to so many different standards as it is. If a carrier supports let's say x y and z bands. Any phone that supports those bands should automatically work. My concern is with carriers, who in the name of testing modify phones and user experience.

I do own a business and me running my business as I like (civil right) is completely different from my company sticking to a set of industry standards. (Imagine the child seat that you just bought not fitting in your car)

jamezr

Jul 26, 2010
USA
It is coming here .... they have to manufacture the phone though .... the different 400 L / S / K are all just a little different but not the same .... then you have other versions like vzw sprint Rodgers orange t mobile etc they can't be manufactured at the same time .... depending on hardware etc .... takes time is all I am saying can't be done overnight

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Agreed.....sorry I if I misunderstood.....

CisternaChyli

Jan 22, 2013
LG has to produce that 5.5 inch screen in massive quantities; it takes time :(. I still think the release should be by July though.

Billy Madison

Dec 31, 2011
I am not questioning a company's right to market position and sell the products as they please.
I am merely raising a point about standards and adhering to them. Imagine not having USB, HDMI, or even the most basic power plug standards.

People, LOL, you're so funny. Why to imagine? About five years ago every manufacturer had its own power plug standard, you couldn't charge your Nokia with you Moto's plug. And recall, that not so long ago you couldn't put your SD card into Sony's phones which had MemoryStick slots only. So it's the matter of good will, either vendor adhere to standards or it vanish in haze as Motorola did

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
for those asking about notification in this forum or other forum somewhere, thanks to someone's fb pic i forgot where who:

10306761_287019421459952_2226772883158038530_n.jpg

l5s5d6

Jul 5, 2013
Lg Poland answered someone's question (on Facebook fanpage) when will it be available in Poland. And the answer was in July.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
If a carrier supports let's say x y and z bands. Any phone that supports those bands should automatically work. My concern is with carriers, who in the name of testing modify phones and user experience.

Well, we'll just disagree then. We don't need regulation of non critical items like whether carriers can install software on THEIR devices that they sell. We don't need regulation in whether or not they are allowed to qualify and test phones on THEIR networks.

And to your point regarding chargers, it is NOT a law in the US to use micro usb.

We do not need laws and regulation on things that are clearly not critical safety or infrastructure items. If you disagree, feel free to head over to Europe. ;)

jeyd02

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Well, we'll just disagree then. We don't need regulation of non critical items like whether carriers can install software on THEIR devices that they sell. We don't need regulation in whether or not they are allowed to qualify and test phones on THEIR networks.

And to your point regarding chargers, it is NOT a law in the US to use micro usb.

We do not need laws and regulation on things that are clearly not critical safety or infrastructure items. If you disagree, feel free to head over to Europe. ;)

Well don't need, but it's their service, so they are entitled to offer it in their manner.

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
Last edited:

force70

Well now isnt that interesting. ..as much as I want a G3 now I would def wait for an 805 version

sent from Canada via my Note 3, Note 2 or S4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And way too early....

FML...i just bought the G2...
    Way too big , g2 is already too big..

And way too early....
    FML...i just bought the G2...

I'm not as worried about having an "older-gen" device as I am worried about no longer getting updates. The G2 is fantastic in all means but if they stop pushing out updates for it...
    Outside of xda 4.4vs4.2.2 is a non issue. Especially when 4.2.2 is good as the lg one.
    Want simultaneous,worldwide, os release? Buy Apple.
    Don't like their ecosystem? Buy a nexus.
    Don't like nexus and prefer some other hardware, but still want the latest os release? Go develop a custom rom.
    Can't develop? Support a good developer and become a beta tester and expect some debugging on your part.
    Manufacturers release models that you like faster than you can buy them? Make some more money.
    You are going to hold your breath until someone gives you a cookie? Not.happening.
    I didnt even bother using stock...
    hated almost everything in it.

Im using PA. Even tho its beta and still missing most of the PA goods, its an awesome rom.
    However, if you are one of the guys who dont like using a not-so-stable rom or possibily having compatibily issues...yeah...the G3 could ruin your day...

inb4 CM fanboy: some guys are saying the CM 11 Snapshot M2 is pretty solid and smooth

For me, stability is everything (and now don't tell me to get an iPhone). Stock ROM is good enough - yeah it's good enough. Whatever.