Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more
Post Reply

[Q]

12th June 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hi all,

I have very minimal knowledge when it comes to Android development - I have never flashed a rom, but I have rooted my phone. Recently, I purchased an AT&T Note 3 from my little brother after he had tried his hand at modifying the phone. He rooted it, flashed Knoxraid, didn't like it, and wanted to revert - he removed root, kind of stupidly, before doing anything else. Now, the phone runs Knoxraid, but isn't rooted and I have been unable to get root again. What am I doing wrong, or what don't I understand?

Thank you all.
13th June 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmguest

Hi all,

I have very minimal knowledge when it comes to Android development - I have never flashed a rom, but I have rooted my phone. Recently, I purchased an AT&T Note 3 from my little brother after he had tried his hand at modifying the phone. He rooted it, flashed Knoxraid, didn't like it, and wanted to revert - he removed root, kind of stupidly, before doing anything else. Now, the phone runs Knoxraid, but isn't rooted and I have been unable to get root again. What am I doing wrong, or what don't I understand?

Thank you all.

do you want to revert to stock all together? if so i could walk you through that and you could reroot it.
13th June 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

do you want to revert to stock all together? if so i could walk you through that and you could reroot it.

That would be great!
13th June 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmguest

That would be great!

you said you have a AT&T Galaxy note 3? what model number is it? im sorry but i tried googling for the model number lol.
13th June 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

you said you have a AT&T Galaxy note 3? what model number is it? im sorry but i tried googling for the model number lol.

SM N900A
13th June 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmguest

SM N900A

download this here and unzip it when its done http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=25106 its android 4.3 so if you want kitkat make sure that kitkat has a root guide if there is one.

download odin here also https://mega.co.nz/#!UdRRyCAT!H4FyVx...uykgP2pT4rh8Ek unzip it as well
Take out your battery and go into download mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons) open odin and connect your phone (in download mode) to your computer, make sure in odin one of the id:com boxes changes color after you plug in your phone. (i dont know what color it is in odin 3.0.9 i have older samsung phones so older odin name for me lol) select AP and select wherever you put the firmware, Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked after that click start and sit back and watch, be sure to move your files onto your computer if you need any from it like pictures/music.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank