Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 40,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]

Tip us?

paulmguest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]

Hi all,

I have very minimal knowledge when it comes to Android development - I have never flashed a rom, but I have rooted my phone. Recently, I purchased an AT&T Note 3 from my little brother after he had tried his hand at modifying the phone. He rooted it, flashed Knoxraid, didn't like it, and wanted to revert - he removed root, kind of stupidly, before doing anything else. Now, the phone runs Knoxraid, but isn't rooted and I have been unable to get root again. What am I doing wrong, or what don't I understand?

Thank you all.

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmguest View Post
Hi all,

I have very minimal knowledge when it comes to Android development - I have never flashed a rom, but I have rooted my phone. Recently, I purchased an AT&T Note 3 from my little brother after he had tried his hand at modifying the phone. He rooted it, flashed Knoxraid, didn't like it, and wanted to revert - he removed root, kind of stupidly, before doing anything else. Now, the phone runs Knoxraid, but isn't rooted and I have been unable to get root again. What am I doing wrong, or what don't I understand?

Thank you all.
do you want to revert to stock all together? if so i could walk you through that and you could reroot it.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

paulmguest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
do you want to revert to stock all together? if so i could walk you through that and you could reroot it.
That would be great!

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That would be great!
you said you have a AT&T Galaxy note 3? what model number is it? im sorry but i tried googling for the model number lol.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

Motorola Moto X

Asus Nexus 7
Nikon Coolpix s800c

paulmguest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
you said you have a AT&T Galaxy note 3? what model number is it? im sorry but i tried googling for the model number lol.
SM N900A

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
SM N900A
download this here and unzip it when its done http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=25106 its android 4.3 so if you want kitkat make sure that kitkat has a root guide if there is one.

download odin here also https://mega.co.nz/#!UdRRyCAT!H4FyVx...uykgP2pT4rh8Ek unzip it as well
Take out your battery and go into download mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons) open odin and connect your phone (in download mode) to your computer, make sure in odin one of the id:com boxes changes color after you plug in your phone. (i dont know what color it is in odin 3.0.9 i have older samsung phones so older odin name for me lol) select AP and select wherever you put the firmware, Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked after that click start and sit back and watch, be sure to move your files onto your computer if you need any from it like pictures/music.

Motorola Moto X

Asus Nexus 7
Nikon Coolpix s800c