Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 43,826 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Did the G2 update or did I do something?

Tip us?

NatchGreyes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Did the G2 update or did I do something?

As of, maybe, four hours ago, the bottom bar on my Verizon G2 is now pink and includes a down arrow menu option for the drop down menu. (I can't give a screenshot because I don't have the requisite number of posts). Did this (Verizon) G2 just update or did I somehow change some setting? I honestly can't figure it out.

Jacobite39
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, my phone notified me last night there was an update available. Then at about 3pm it installed the update without me doing anything. I picked up the phone and saw a notification that in so many seconds the update would install, do not turn off phone, blah blah. No option to cancel or anything. Then it installled. Without my permission, and nothing I could do about it. It rather ticked me off.

I have heard through the intenet grapevine of one or two others having this happen. No way that updates should be force installed, and I've never heard of that happening before.

treebill
Old
Thanks Meter 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite39 View Post
Well, my phone notified me last night there was an update available. Then at about 3pm it installed the update without me doing anything. I picked up the phone and saw a notification that in so many seconds the update would install, do not turn off phone, blah blah. No option to cancel or anything. Then it installled. Without my permission, and nothing I could do about it. It rather ticked me off.

I have heard through the intenet grapevine of one or two others having this happen. No way that updates should be force installed, and I've never heard of that happening before.
Its a push from Google I believe to keep android updated.

Most phones now pop up with no cancel with only OK and remind me in X hours but installing without consent seems right in that grey area.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy syscalls done, In kernel as it is in user!

My photo blog
Tower Gamers

AyDee
Old
(Last edited by AyDee; 13th June 2014 at 05:46 PM.) Reason: spelling error
Thanks Meter 857

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatchGreyes View Post
As of, maybe, four hours ago, the bottom bar on my Verizon G2 is now pink and includes a down arrow menu option for the drop down menu. (I can't give a screenshot because I don't have the requisite number of posts). Did this (Verizon) G2 just update or did I somehow change some setting? I honestly can't figure it out.
Look in settings> display> front touch buttons. Under 'color' you can change it back to the original color and under 'button combinations' you can remove the pull down arrow. You probably just adjusted the settings in your pocket. I don't Think VZW would push an update that randomly sets your navbar pink.

guidfail
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm on VZW - haven't seen anything recently. Post screenshot?

NatchGreyes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyDee View Post
Look in settings> display> front touch buttons. Under 'color' you can change it back to the original color and under 'button combinations' you can remove the pull down arrow. You probably just adjusted the settings in your pocket. I don't Think VZV would push an update that randomly sets your navbar pink.

Thank you SO MUCH! I had no idea!