Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Did the G2 update or did I do something?

OP NatchGreyes

13th June 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
As of, maybe, four hours ago, the bottom bar on my Verizon G2 is now pink and includes a down arrow menu option for the drop down menu. (I can't give a screenshot because I don't have the requisite number of posts). Did this (Verizon) G2 just update or did I somehow change some setting? I honestly can't figure it out.
13th June 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag SW Washington State
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Well, my phone notified me last night there was an update available. Then at about 3pm it installed the update without me doing anything. I picked up the phone and saw a notification that in so many seconds the update would install, do not turn off phone, blah blah. No option to cancel or anything. Then it installled. Without my permission, and nothing I could do about it. It rather ticked me off.

I have heard through the intenet grapevine of one or two others having this happen. No way that updates should be force installed, and I've never heard of that happening before.
13th June 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #3  
treebill's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 564
 
2,124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite39

Well, my phone notified me last night there was an update available. Then at about 3pm it installed the update without me doing anything. I picked up the phone and saw a notification that in so many seconds the update would install, do not turn off phone, blah blah. No option to cancel or anything. Then it installled. Without my permission, and nothing I could do about it. It rather ticked me off.

I have heard through the intenet grapevine of one or two others having this happen. No way that updates should be force installed, and I've never heard of that happening before.

Its a push from Google I believe to keep android updated.

Most phones now pop up with no cancel with only OK and remind me in X hours but installing without consent seems right in that grey area.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
13th June 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #4  
AyDee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 920
 
1,256 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatchGreyes

As of, maybe, four hours ago, the bottom bar on my Verizon G2 is now pink and includes a down arrow menu option for the drop down menu. (I can't give a screenshot because I don't have the requisite number of posts). Did this (Verizon) G2 just update or did I somehow change some setting? I honestly can't figure it out.

Look in settings> display> front touch buttons. Under 'color' you can change it back to the original color and under 'button combinations' you can remove the pull down arrow. You probably just adjusted the settings in your pocket. I don't Think VZW would push an update that randomly sets your navbar pink.
Last edited by AyDee; 13th June 2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling error
13th June 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
I'm on VZW - haven't seen anything recently. Post screenshot?
13th June 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyDee

Look in settings> display> front touch buttons. Under 'color' you can change it back to the original color and under 'button combinations' you can remove the pull down arrow. You probably just adjusted the settings in your pocket. I don't Think VZV would push an update that randomly sets your navbar pink.


Thank you SO MUCH! I had no idea!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes