Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 42,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Repair - US

Tip us?

carngeX
Old
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikercr View Post
My M7 developed a battery issue that various software interventions failed to fix. Unfortunately, screen had a superficial crack and case a couple of deep corner scratches. I chose the quick swap-out option with HTC Factory Repair for $19. This pays for UPS second day air, gives me a repair quote for the damage, and the option to pay for the non-warranty damage (or decline and get old phone back) and then get an immediate swap-out device for a turn around of about one week. I agreed to pay $180 for the screen and case damage repair and got back a few days later a completely brand new M7. Really excellent service IMHO.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Had to send my M7 in and did the $19 swap option as well the other day. Still waiting on the device to come back (says it's status is 'Awaiting Inspection' at the moment on their repair tracking site). Do you know if you got an actual new M7, or if you received a refurb? Also, is the replacement you got on a unlockable version, or is it on the latest Sense 6?
Current Device:
HTC One M7
Unlocked | S-Off | ROM: NuSenseSIX RC6.8

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
Locked | ROM: Hellkat 4.4.2 (build 20140116) | Kernel: BMS 3.4.75
HTC Rezound
Locked | S-Off | ROM: Infection 2.9.1 | Kernel: Stock | Radio: 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r | HBOOT: Stock 2.25
HTC Incredible (S-Off / unlocked)

bikercr
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by carngeX View Post
Had to send my M7 in and did the $19 swap option as well the other day. Still waiting on the device to come back (says it's status is 'Awaiting Inspection' at the moment on their repair tracking site). Do you know if you got an actual new M7, or if you received a refurb? Also, is the replacement you got on a unlockable version, or is it on the latest Sense 6?
My status also got stuck, over a weekend, on "preparing replacement", so the whole process took about 8 days. I definitely got back a brand new unit--case, buttons, screen, battery and, I presume, everything. I'm with Verizon, so it was a Verizon unit, locked and with Sense 5. Two OTA updates came down to my device that brought it right up to 4.4.2 and Sense 6.0.

carngeX
Old
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikercr View Post
My status also got stuck, over a weekend, on "preparing replacement", so the whole process took about 8 days. I definitely got back a brand new unit--case, buttons, screen, battery and, I presume, everything. I'm with Verizon, so it was a Verizon unit, locked and with Sense 5. Two OTA updates came down to my device that brought it right up to 4.4.2 and Sense 6.0.
Sweet; hopefully I get one with Sense 5 and not the Sense 6 update so I can unlock it lol (after I verify everything works of course haha).
Current Device:
HTC One M7
Unlocked | S-Off | ROM: NuSenseSIX RC6.8

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
Locked | ROM: Hellkat 4.4.2 (build 20140116) | Kernel: BMS 3.4.75
HTC Rezound
Locked | S-Off | ROM: Infection 2.9.1 | Kernel: Stock | Radio: 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r | HBOOT: Stock 2.25
HTC Incredible (S-Off / unlocked)