Camera shutter sound

12th June 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 7

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djimmy

Open explorer in system/csc find others.xml or feature.xml long press open as text editor
Found this
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
Change flase to true.
if you have not this text, copy and paste
or write must end as it's on my screenshot save
And reboot device

The others.xml in my phone does not have the ShutterSoundMenu line above, so I simply copy/paste the above line to the xml file. You MUST then change the permission of the file to 644 (rw r r), or else it will NOT work. After that, reboot the phone, and the Shutter Sound on/off option will be there the next time you start the camera.
The Following User Says Thank You to gregwee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 2

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwee

The others.xml in my phone does not have the ShutterSoundMenu line above, so I simply copy/paste the above line to the xml file. You MUST then change the permission of the file to 644 (rw r r), or else it will NOT work. After that, reboot the phone, and the Shutter Sound on/off option will be there the next time you start the camera.

But do I have to be rooted? Because I can't save the others.xml file after changing it with ES file explorer. What file explorer do I have to use?
13th June 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 7

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sretlow

But do I have to be rooted? Because I can't save the others.xml file after changing it with ES file explorer. What file explorer do I have to use?

You have to be rooted to write to /system... If you're not rooted, then it can't be done.
13th June 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
Google for enforced stream silencer s5 apk. I installed it in my non rooted s5 and camera is silent now.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Last edited by razno; 13th June 2014 at 10:59 PM.
13th June 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 1

76 posts
Hey, is there possibility to change level of the shutter sound. Maximum level is too much noisy.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka
13th June 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 35

144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrudnoch

Hey, is there possibility to change level of the shutter sound. Maximum level is too much noisy.

If you are rooted you can load the sound files to your PC/Mac and e.g. amplify the complete sound by some -dB with Audacity. Then you export the sound as ogg and replace it on your phone (backup original file) and remember to set the permissions to 644 again. So you can lower the volume. I amplified by -52dB and now it is absolutely silent (Shutter and focus). And I enabled Shutter-Sound-Menu through xml file but for this all you need root.
13th June 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 1

76 posts
The a lot for response. I see that I will have to root my Galaxy to do this.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread