Ask a question

No registration required

Internal Memory and USB transfer

OP nmyshkin

12th June 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

131 posts
So I guess flashing with CM 10.2 does not alter the built-in folder structure of the NT. I show two categories of "internal storage": about 11.6 GB of "available" space (some of which seems to be taken up by apps and cache) and a second category of a miserly 1 GB. [oh yeah, turns out the "8 GB NT" I got from ebay was actually a 16 GB model. Go figure]

Question: can I rename the "B&N downloads" folder and delete subfolders without messing anything up? If so, can I store files in there (videos, music, epubs, etc.). I'm guessing that the "My Files" folder is actually on the 1 GB partition. Is this correct? Can I likewise customize those folders?

And USB.... As far as I can tell, only MTP works with my Win 8.1 system--and not well. I cannot see any files, just "internal memory" (the 1 GB part). Dragging and dropping gives a "can't copy because the device has stopped" or similar, but the file does seem to transfer. You just can't see it on the computer. Using the "Send to" shell command gives a similar result. If I change the USB setting to "mass storage" and turn on USB debugging, I get the little system tray icon for a connected USB device on my PC, but the Nook is not listed there and nothing shows up in the explorer file directory.

So....is this as good as it gets for transferring via USB? I can always pop out the SD card (who thought up that compartment behind the half-ring ), put it in my PC, copy the files and then put the card back in the Nook and use File Manager to move things around. Ugh.

Is there a better way? Maybe the WiFi Transfer app (I use that on my Nook ST).
13th June 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Idaho Falls
Thanks Meter: 36

160 posts
More
When that happens to me a reboot of the tablet usually fixes it. Alternately CM 11 / 4.4.2 ROMs usually eliminate that issue entirely.

Also, if you search the nook tablet forums, there is a way to repartition the device so you have 1Gb internal and the 11.6Gb for installing apps, files, etc. I did that to my nook tablet couple years ago and it's worked swimmingly.

Merrell

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread