Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,209 Members 44,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] verizon Note 3 NC4 incremented bootloader

Tip us?

dedemike0421
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] verizon Note 3 NC4 incremented bootloader

I am rooted on this new OTA 4.4.2. I stayed rooted in survival mode. Question is can I flash any NC4 based roms through the new safestrap, or am I just stuck here rooted.

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedemike0421 View Post
I am rooted on this new OTA 4.4.2. I stayed rooted in survival mode. Question is can I flash any NC4 based roms through the new safestrap, or am I just stuck here rooted.
Are you still rooted or are your root apps with prior permissions still using their old grant? Try a new root app see if your able to grant a new permission.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dedemike0421
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch View Post
Are you still rooted or are your root apps with prior permissions still using their old grant? Try a new root app see if your able to grant a new permission.
Yeah I just ran root checker, plus I use xposed app

RomsWell
Old
(Last edited by RomsWell; 7th June 2014 at 01:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedemike0421 View Post
Yeah I just ran root checker, plus I use xposed app
Yes. Im sure you can use the kk version of ss and flash roms. Your issue is this is your only shot at having root. Meaning if you soft brick in some manner and you are forced to use odin to recover you will lose root with no way to retain it or regain it. If you dont need root to take advantage of tethering on a unlimited plan then maybe its not a issue for you. But if u need root to be happy with your device I would stay stock and just disable otas til your ready to try survival mode again if ever needed.

Edit. At least until a new root exploit is found if ever anyways.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RomsWell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dedemike0421
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default still rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomsWell View Post
Yes. Im sure you can use the kk version of ss and flash roms. Your issue is this is your only shot at having root. Meaning if you soft brick in some manner and you are forced to use odin to recover you will lose root with no way to retain it or regain it. If you dont need root to take advantage of tethering on a unlimited plan then maybe its not a issue for you. But if u need root to be happy with your device I would stay stock and just disable otas til your ready to try survival mode again if ever needed.

Lol, I kinda figured that I have been searching for that answer over a week now, just needed a little confirmation. Thanks alot im on the fence about trying it. The reason I took this update in the 1st place my phone random reboots after I 1st took the leaked NC2 build.

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,048
Quote:

+1

dedemike0421
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default no ss

Quote:

No , safe strape installed and got root permissions but would not boot into ss recovery. Thanks again anyway