FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

[Q] verizon Note 3 NC4 incremented bootloader

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By dedemike0421, Junior Member on 6th June 2014, 11:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am rooted on this new OTA 4.4.2. I stayed rooted in survival mode. Question is can I flash any NC4 based roms through the new safestrap, or am I just stuck here rooted.
 
 
6th June 2014, 11:30 PM |#2  
Thepooch's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,078
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedemike0421

I am rooted on this new OTA 4.4.2. I stayed rooted in survival mode. Question is can I flash any NC4 based roms through the new safestrap, or am I just stuck here rooted.

Are you still rooted or are your root apps with prior permissions still using their old grant? Try a new root app see if your able to grant a new permission.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 11:42 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch

Are you still rooted or are your root apps with prior permissions still using their old grant? Try a new root app see if your able to grant a new permission.

Yeah I just ran root checker, plus I use xposed app
7th June 2014, 01:28 AM |#4  
RomsWell's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 1,035
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedemike0421

Yeah I just ran root checker, plus I use xposed app

Yes. Im sure you can use the kk version of ss and flash roms. Your issue is this is your only shot at having root. Meaning if you soft brick in some manner and you are forced to use odin to recover you will lose root with no way to retain it or regain it. If you dont need root to take advantage of tethering on a unlimited plan then maybe its not a issue for you. But if u need root to be happy with your device I would stay stock and just disable otas til your ready to try survival mode again if ever needed.

Edit. At least until a new root exploit is found if ever anyways.
Last edited by RomsWell; 7th June 2014 at 01:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RomsWell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 01:42 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
still rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomsWell

Yes. Im sure you can use the kk version of ss and flash roms. Your issue is this is your only shot at having root. Meaning if you soft brick in some manner and you are forced to use odin to recover you will lose root with no way to retain it or regain it. If you dont need root to take advantage of tethering on a unlimited plan then maybe its not a issue for you. But if u need root to be happy with your device I would stay stock and just disable otas til your ready to try survival mode again if ever needed.

Edit. At least until a new root exploit is found if ever anyways.

Lol, I kinda figured that I have been searching for that answer over a week now, just needed a little confirmation. Thanks alot im on the fence about trying it. The reason I took this update in the 1st place my phone random reboots after I 1st took the leaked NC2 build.
7th June 2014, 01:56 AM |#6  
Thepooch's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,078
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomsWell

Yes. Im sure you can use the kk version of ss and flash roms. Your issue is this is your only shot at having root. Meaning if you soft brick in some manner and you are forced to use odin to recover you will lose root with no way to retain it or regain it. If you dont need root to take advantage of tethering on a unlimited plan then maybe its not a issue for you. But if u need root to be happy with your device I would stay stock and just disable otas til your ready to try survival mode again if ever needed.

Edit. At least until a new root exploit is found if ever anyways.

+1
13th June 2014, 06:41 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
no ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomsWell

Yes. Im sure you can use the kk version of ss and flash roms. Your issue is this is your only shot at having root. Meaning if you soft brick in some manner and you are forced to use odin to recover you will lose root with no way to retain it or regain it. If you dont need root to take advantage of tethering on a unlimited plan then maybe its not a issue for you. But if u need root to be happy with your device I would stay stock and just disable otas til your ready to try survival mode again if ever needed.

Edit. At least until a new root exploit is found if ever anyways.

No , safe strape installed and got root permissions but would not boot into ss recovery. Thanks again anyway
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes