Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 36,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto X Display Languages

Tip us?

Lord SAAm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Moto X Display Languages

Hi All,

Essentially, I had bought the Moto X T-Mobile & Unlocked sim-cards as a gift for my wife. Unfortunately, I found that the Moto X T-mobile comes with only 4 languages installed. So, Arabic is not one of them for system display language. My wife doesn't speak English and she only speaks Arabic. I would really appreciate if you can help us to add more languages to the phone without rooting the phone?

The UK Android version has Arabic, How can we get UK version install to the phone.

Thanks

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,515
Hi there!

I'm afraid the only way to add languages to the system would be by unlocking bootloader (which voids your warranty) then rooting and installing a custom ROM that has support for Arabic....if any do.

You can browse the dev section found in the moto x section, here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...03952672425658

See if any ROMs in the dev section list Arabic as a language. Or you can post your question in the Q&A section.

But unless you root.....there's no way to do it. And the custom ROM would need to support the language as well.

Good luck! 😊
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
(Last edited by KJ; 13th June 2014 at 06:57 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,515
You should have no issue flashing the UK firmware....so long as the firmware is for the same model.... As in xt10xx model number.

If you do encounter issues....you can always flash the same firmware you are on now again. So be sure what you have now.

Here is a thread to help with that...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2446515

Also note: very important.....if you ate on 4.4.2 or 4.4.3, DO NOT downgrade lower than 4.4.2....you could brick your device. Just keep that in mind now and in the future.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe