Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Battery] Post battery stats

Tip us?

erasat
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawest View Post
Odd... no settings or anything you changed, or apps disabled? I've done all I can and can't get anywhere near what you're reporting. Especially with my Gear 2 Neo connected.

Since day one Android System and Android OS have been wrecking my battery life. Consistently using significantly more battery than my screen except on rare circumstance.
Yes, a lot of changes, funny thing is that I took the time to post a long thread with all the details a month and a half back just a couple of weeks after I bought it, and seeing the few responses I got it seems than nobody paid attention to this here and in the other forum I posted it.

If you want to take a look just do a search for my username and you should find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to erasat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dawest
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Good to hear! I'll dig for it now, I've not been active about at all since I got my s5... new job and I've been buried in work ever since.

erasat
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Good to hear! I'll dig for it now, I've not been active about at all since I got my s5... new job and I've been buried in work ever since.
I found the thread, only thing I put back was the option to keep WiFi on all the time not just when charging, I noticed later that it didn't matter, so I put it back as default.

Here is the thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2734356

dawest
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I actually just finished going through it. I had done a large number of those tweaks, I did the same as you with the Keep WiFi on, didn't notice a difference when I toyed with that setting a while back. I did turn off hotword detection, so we'll see if that helps. I also saw someone mention the pedometer was draining theres. As I use the pedometer on my Gear, I didn't realize the device still had the pedometer running as well, so I disabled that. Can't think of too much else to mess with, but we'll see if those few small tweaks knock that Android System and OS drain down.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 824
Quote:
Odd... no settings or anything you changed, or apps disabled? I've done all I can and can't get anywhere near what you're reporting. Especially with my Gear 2 Neo connected.

Since day one Android System and Android OS have been wrecking my battery life. Consistently using significantly more battery than my screen except on rare circumstance.
Yeah mine does that too, but I can still get over 5 hours easy. It must be some rogue app thats causing your battery to drain quickly.

dawest
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Yeah mine does that too, but I can still get over 5 hours easy. It must be some rogue app thats causing your battery to drain quickly.
That's my assumption. I tried deleting everything and installing one by one to isolate that when I first got it to no avail. May have to try it again soon. Running the latest software update now, and gonna give my latest tweaks another day or so to see.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

oreice
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
guys i am coming upon 14 hours i think i might make it i got 16% left :3 maybe another 2 hour wil get it to drain to 2% but then that would put me at 15 hours o-o because i am at 13hr 20 minutes...

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreice View Post
guys i am coming upon 14 hours i think i might make it i got 16% left :3 maybe another 2 hour wil get it to drain to 2% but then that would put me at 15 hours o-o because i am at 13hr 20 minutes...
Wow thats amazing. This is probably where battery tech is headed in the next 10 years or so (I mean in a much smaller battery like the one that comes stock).

oreice
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
Okay here is the final stats

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402685574795.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	88.2 KB