Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Use of unoriginal micro usb cable

Tip us?

Mayhamiel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Use of unoriginal micro usb cable

So recently my device started to charge very slowly, so slowly that if I used my device while charging, the battery precentage would decrease. So I've tried a different micro usb cable(not manufactured by Samsung) plugged to my original Samsung data traveller adapter and it charged properly.
so my question is: is there a risk to the device/battery by using the unoriginal micro usb cable?

tiagoggama
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Hi, you can download a app to see the charge value. Maybe the Samsung cable is faulty

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Galaxy GT-I9505
ROM: OMEGA 33
KERNEL: KT-SGS4-KK4.4-TW-INTL-07-12-2014-ktoosez #1

verny94
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhamiel View Post
So recently my device started to charge very slowly, so slowly that if I used my device while charging, the battery precentage would decrease. So I've tried a different micro usb cable(not manufactured by Samsung) plugged to my original Samsung data traveller adapter and it charged properly.
so my question is: is there a risk to the device/battery by using the unoriginal micro usb cable?
Samsung cable is faulty very often. I donīt see any problem with another problem

If it would, your phone wasnīt charging
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Omega ROM (4.3) v58; Boeffla kernel 5.2; TWRP recovery; Nova launcher Prime; S5 theme; Xposed
Hit a thanks button, when I helped you