No registration required

[Q] RAZR HD Maxx EB40 voltage ranges

OP johnnyz86

13th June 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

142 posts
More
What voltage ranges do you guys get for 100% and 1%?

I bought a new EB40 for a friend's phone and am getting some weird effects. I've previously done the EB40 in Atrix HD in my own phone and it's been fine, but I haven't actually let it run down below 50% yet.

Full Story:
At first the phone wouldn't turn on, but the LED would turn on when I plugged it into the charger. I left it on the charger for 10 minutes and then it would turn on to the battery charging screen, reporting 1% battery left.

I then made it boot into the OS. After a couple minutes charging, it jumped to 100%. I left it on for an hour, then disconnected it, and then it was slowly going down like normal. However, after it hit 85% or so, it just suddenly died.

Then I had to charge it and it was back to 1% and the same thing repeated.

I tried clearing battery stats (/data/system/batterystats.bin) but it seemed similar. Now I'm trying to run the battery till it dies, it's been at 1% for quite a while. Then I'll charge it back to 100%, but is it possible I got a dud?

We ran it down to 1% again, it died, and and it went back up to 100% again. I'm figuring once I get down to the real 1% and dies, when I turn it on it won't be at 100% like every other time. Then perhaps it will charge all the way up to the real 100%.

So far it's been like this voltage wise:
3.966V: 3%
3.725V: 1%
died
3.696V: 100%
3.663V: 1%
died
3.661V: 100%
13th June 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 92

270 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz86

What voltage ranges do you guys get for 100% and 1%?

I bought a new EB40 for a friend's phone and am getting some weird effects. I've previously done the EB40 in Atrix HD in my own phone and it's been fine, but I haven't actually let it run down below 50% yet.

Full Story:
At first the phone wouldn't turn on, but the LED would turn on when I plugged it into the charger. I left it on the charger for 10 minutes and then it would turn on to the battery charging screen, reporting 1% battery left.

I then made it boot into the OS. After a couple minutes charging, it jumped to 100%. I left it on for an hour, then disconnected it, and then it was slowly going down like normal. However, after it hit 85% or so, it just suddenly died.

Then I had to charge it and it was back to 1% and the same thing repeated.

I tried clearing battery stats (/data/system/batterystats.bin) but it seemed similar. Now I'm trying to run the battery till it dies, it's been at 1% for quite a while. Then I'll charge it back to 100%, but is it possible I got a dud?

We ran it down to 1% again, it died, and and it went back up to 100% again. I'm figuring once I get down to the real 1% and dies, when I turn it on it won't be at 100% like every other time. Then perhaps it will charge all the way up to the real 100%.

So far it's been like this voltage wise:
3.966V: 3%
3.725V: 1%
died
3.696V: 100%
3.663V: 1%
died
3.661V: 100%

i believe when these batterys are fully charged it should be around 4.300 so if the most your getting up to is 3.700 there is probably something wrong
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread