[Q] Some beginners questions.
I'm new to android and the first thing I'd like to do is to completely clone device's memory for later backups. Here is a list of questions I got after some reading:
1. I need to root my moto G to install PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery, right?
2. Do I need to also unlock bootloader to install PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery?
3. PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery is a ROM, right?
4. PhilZ ROM is some kind of a latest android OS, but with additional features like access to all files and some other tweaks?
5. Is the OS used in PhilZ ROM KitKat 4.4.2?
6. Does this ROM implicitly include a total backup to sdcard app and a file manager app?
7. Is nandroid app implicitly in PhilZ ROM, right?
7.1 If not, what backup app can I use to make a clone image of my moto g?
7.2. On the helium app google store webpage I found: "Helium is NOT available to Motorola devices. This is because Motorola phones have a bug that break Android's backup mechanism. Until this is fixed by Motorola, Helium will not work on those Androids."
So, is there any app, that can clone moto g?
7.3. Can, for example, nandroid do the job?
8. If I flash PhilZ ROM to my moto G, is it correct, that it will not update to newer OS versions automatically? How can I keep track of the updates?
9. How do I install apps to my device? I read, that some devices need busybox for that, so is it better to use busybox (or something else) and not just click install on google store?
10. What android apps are most popular/helpful as system utilities? (I know it sounds too broad, but maybe there are some MUST HAVE ones).