Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

azpen a727 not recognized by my windows xp

Tip us?

Azndragon89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default azpen a727 not recognized by my windows xp

is there any other way to fix this? my comp is 32bit
trying to root using this method: http://zepinventory.wordpress.com/20...n-a727-tablet/

DMcCunney
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default I couldn't make it work from XP, and had to do it from Win7

I couldn't make it work from XP either. XP said it couldn't find the Android drivers, even though they were where I pointed to.

I had to DL the 64bit version of tha Andriod SDK, and to the driver install on my SO's 64 bit Win7 laptop, From there, Kingo Root could root it, and I could remove the SDK and Kingo Root from the SO's machine.

gotroot801
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I got it to work once using the SDK on Windows 7 Professional, but subsequent tries did not. And for the life of me I can't figure out how I did it.

I'm assuming I need to install the Android ADB Interface as opposed to Android Composite ADB Interface, correct?
Rooted Stock LG G3 (vzw) CM11 Nexus 10

DMcCunney
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroot801 View Post
I got it to work once using the SDK on Windows 7 Professional, but subsequent tries did not. And for the life of me I can't figure out how I did it.

I'm assuming I need to install the Android ADB Interface as opposed to Android Composite ADB Interface, correct?
AFAIK, yes. I believe that's what I installed. It's a "do once" operation, as once the driver is in place, you can root the device.