Phone wont let me select screen security locks after 4.4 upgrade

OP carzaddict

13th June 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 3

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict

I just did the update to 4.4 by doing the Safestrap method that keeps root. Everything seems to be working fine with the acception of the screen locking.

When I go to the screen lock options, the default is Swype my only 2 selectable options are Pin or Password....when I select either of them....it reverts back to the Swype default.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have the same problem after ungrading via kies. It's annoying but I am going to live with it as I have tried many things and nothing works. Of course I could reinstall all new sw using odin but with the risk of screwing something up and having to set up the phone all over again I can live with this annoyance till I get a GS5F or 32Gig GS5 or Note4 or?
13th June 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #22  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 312

1,045 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pego99

I have the same problem after ungrading via kies. It's annoying but I am going to live with it as I have tried many things and nothing works. Of course I could reinstall all new sw using odin but with the risk of screwing something up and having to set up the phone all over again I can live with this annoyance till I get a GS5F or 32Gig GS5 or Note4 or?

I don't suggest any Samsung phone, unless you are getting a developer edition on Verizon.
Currently there is no published root for the GS5. Also currently Verizon is not selling the 32GB version of the S5.

Go with the HTC One (M8) or LG G3 when available.
13th June 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 3

97 posts
No I like the Samsung because I want the best camera and android. HTC will not be around in a couple of years. I may look at the LG as they were my first touch phone the Dare the only verizon phone with the internet that did not require a data plan but then LG took a nap while android took off. I will look at the G3 but still want a 32Gig Samsung.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread