Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] how to stop apps from using cpu and internet in background

Tip us?

tigerwyb
Old
(Last edited by tigerwyb; 13th June 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [HELP] how to stop apps from using cpu and internet in background

how to control the apps in background especially services so they will only use ram, i just dont like too much comsuption of cpu and internet from background apps.( i dont want to shut them down, i still want keep them in ram so i can open them again fast)

Thank you guys in advance anyone who can help me out!

banerjeeayan1996
Old
Thanks Meter 18
First of all if an app consumes ram it will also consume cpu also. To stop these apps you have to clear the ram. But clearing ram not fix the problem. After some time the apps start up again. Then the solution is to freeze or hibernate them.
Use greenify if you are rooted.
Press thanks if I help you.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

tigerwyb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by banerjeeayan1996 View Post
First of all if an app consumes ram it will also consume cpu also. To stop these apps you have to clear the ram. But clearing ram not fix the problem. After some time the apps start up again. Then the solution is to freeze or hibernate them.
Use greenify if you are rooted.
Press thanks if I help you.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app
I have been using greenify for a while, but greenify saving power by shutting the whole app, then i have to wait for loading if i want to use them again. im wandering can we just stop them from using cpu to processing and internet to upload or download, like the way IOS is.

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,040

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwyb View Post
I have been using greenify for a while, but greenify saving power by shutting the whole app, then i have to wait for loading if i want to use them again. im wandering can we just stop them from using cpu to processing and internet to upload or download, like the way IOS is.
IOS doesn't do that either. It just has a different way of allowing services. There really is no way to allow something in the background without it running.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu

tigerwyb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMillerNL View Post
IOS doesn't do that either. It just has a different way of allowing services. There really is no way to allow something in the background without it running.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
ok, im dont know about how this works, i thought background in ios are normally suspended and use ram only, would you explain why do apps in background have to use cpu and internet? thx

Crichton333
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Short of shutting them down you cant just suspend them in the way you described.
"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- Android: 2048 Numbers Mania -- Yutu Aliens Free -- Proud owner: Sony Xperia J