Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP] how to stop apps from using cpu and internet in background

OP tigerwyb

13th June 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
how to control the apps in background especially services so they will only use ram, i just dont like too much comsuption of cpu and internet from background apps.( i dont want to shut them down, i still want keep them in ram so i can open them again fast)

Thank you guys in advance anyone who can help me out!
Last edited by tigerwyb; 13th June 2014 at 05:57 PM.
13th June 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

121 posts
First of all if an app consumes ram it will also consume cpu also. To stop these apps you have to clear the ram. But clearing ram not fix the problem. After some time the apps start up again. Then the solution is to freeze or hibernate them.
Use greenify if you are rooted.
Press thanks if I help you.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app
13th June 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banerjeeayan1996

First of all if an app consumes ram it will also consume cpu also. To stop these apps you have to clear the ram. But clearing ram not fix the problem. After some time the apps start up again. Then the solution is to freeze or hibernate them.
Use greenify if you are rooted.
Press thanks if I help you.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

I have been using greenify for a while, but greenify saving power by shutting the whole app, then i have to wait for loading if i want to use them again. im wandering can we just stop them from using cpu to processing and internet to upload or download, like the way IOS is.
13th June 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisse
Thanks Meter: 1,055

3,256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwyb

I have been using greenify for a while, but greenify saving power by shutting the whole app, then i have to wait for loading if i want to use them again. im wandering can we just stop them from using cpu to processing and internet to upload or download, like the way IOS is.

IOS doesn't do that either. It just has a different way of allowing services. There really is no way to allow something in the background without it running.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
13th June 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMillerNL

IOS doesn't do that either. It just has a different way of allowing services. There really is no way to allow something in the background without it running.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ok, im dont know about how this works, i thought background in ios are normally suspended and use ram only, would you explain why do apps in background have to use cpu and internet? thx
14th June 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 13

152 posts
Short of shutting them down you cant just suspend them in the way you described.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread