Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 51,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which Head Unit to Buy?

Tip us?
 
alsolh
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 138
Join Date: Dec 2006
Question [Q] Which Head Unit to Buy?

Could you please help me to choose the best android car head unit to buy?

My requirement to:
-have the head unit support OBD2 over bluetooth and work with Torque App
-The head unit should have 4 preouts (Front and Back Left & Right) and 1 subwoofer RCA + it should produce a good clear sound quality
-The android unit should have the latest android firmware available such as 4.2 or up
-The headunit should have good software/firmware support and updates
-Optionally The head unit should be able to get rooted

I have found some of the headunits below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-An...item5d4c6dd9e7
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AutoRadio-An...item2590332052
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Din-6-2-HD...item5d4c6decf4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151196310210...84.m1423.l2649

Could you help me choose from the above or suggest me a better one?
 
alsolh
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 138
Join Date: Dec 2006
after reading the posts for both hui fei and an-21u I have settled my mind to buy a hui fei based model (1.6 ghz android 4.2.2) so i will buy either

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-An...item5d4c6dd9e7

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Din-6-2-HD...item5d4c6decf4

but i am afraid that maybe these 2 units will not support 4 audio preouts, could someone explain if they support it or suggest me another 1.6ghz based model that supports it?
 
typos1
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 224
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolh View Post
after reading the posts for both hui fei and an-21u I have settled my mind to buy a hui fei based model (1.6 ghz android 4.2.2) so i will buy either

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-An...item5d4c6dd9e7

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Din-6-2-HD...item5d4c6decf4

but i am afraid that maybe these 2 units will not support 4 audio preouts, could someone explain if they support it or suggest me another 1.6ghz based model that supports it?
Pretty certain they are Huifei units, if they are they should have 4 pre-outs plus sub pre out (voltage = 3V). Best to email the seller to double check though.
Motorola m301 - Ericsson PF768 - Ericsson T28 - Siemans SL45 - Panasonic GD87e - SPV E200 (HTC Voyager) - SPV C500 (HTC Typhoon) - SPV C550 (HTC Hurricane) - O2 XDA Graphite (Asus Jupiter) - Samsung Omnia - Samsung Galaxy S2 - Newman N2 - Oppo Find 5
 
alsolh
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 138
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1 View Post
Pretty certain they are Huifei units, if they are they should have 4 pre-outs plus sub pre out (voltage = 3V). Best to email the seller to double check though.
I found also this unit with a great price and the photo shows it has all the 4 preouts, but I am not confident to buy from aliexpress I am used to ebay
 
typos1
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 224
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolh View Post
I found also this unit with a great price and the photo shows it has all the 4 preouts, but I am not confident to buy from aliexpress I am used to ebay
Ebay is ****e as well - I bought an Android tv box from them which lasted 2 months then stopped working and they told me to go away, despite toally breaking uk law, I m now going to have to take the b*st*rds to court.

Best thing is to buy using your credit card (NOT paypal) then you are covered, so doesnt matter where you buy from then (apart from ebay using Paypal as Paypal will take any refund your credit card gives you back out of your bank account)
Motorola m301 - Ericsson PF768 - Ericsson T28 - Siemans SL45 - Panasonic GD87e - SPV E200 (HTC Voyager) - SPV C500 (HTC Typhoon) - SPV C550 (HTC Hurricane) - O2 XDA Graphite (Asus Jupiter) - Samsung Omnia - Samsung Galaxy S2 - Newman N2 - Oppo Find 5
Tags
head unit
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes