[Q] Problems after replacing LCD and digitizer. Help needed.

OP Dustintm

14th June 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
I recently broke my 1 month old S5 LCD. Outer screen is just fine, but the LCD has paper thin glass, and it unfortunately met it's demise after a misplaced toss. I ordered a new LCD digitizer assembly and screen adhesive, then disassembled my broken phone. When I disassembled it there was either adhesive, or gasket material that was on top of the plastic flaps that go around the back and recent buttons (I assume adhesive), and also around the home button which I assume is important for functionality, and for water resistance. To make a long story short I assumed that this material would be provided with the screen adhesive so I removed the material from the back and recent buttons (it was already slightly damaged on one, and almost all peeled off of the other. I left the home button material because it seemed weak and I didn't want to break it. Also, some of this material had been peeled off/torn off surrounding the home button. After reassembling without the adhesive/gasket in these areas my phone now presses back or recent at random and it makes the phone almost impossible to use because it will exit out of programs or just start doing crazy stuff all on it's own.

My question is, is there somewhere that sells the adhesive/gasket for these three locations, if so where, and if not are there any suggestions of an alternative to the stock material. I am wondering if anyone has had some experience with this issue could chime it. I greatly appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
broken screen, galaxy s5, repair advice
Previous Thread Next Thread