CWM Upgrade/flashing

Search This thread

SamsungIsBetterThanApple

Jun 9, 2014
I currently own a rooted Samsung Galaxy s 4g (SGH-T959V) running Gingerbread with ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 Voodoo lag fix.
I am getting pretty frustrated with the fact that I am running froyo because I can not get most of the apps I want. Plus, the Gingerbread homescreen is so slow and just looks weird. So I want to upgrade to kit kat. But I hear I have to upgrade CWM, and I have no idea how to do that.
If someone could give me the links to all the kernels and steps to do so it would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

Sent from my SGH-T959V

Last edited:

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
I currently own a rooted Samsung Galaxy s 4g (SGH-T959V) running froyo with ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 Voodoo lag fix.
I am getting pretty frustrated with the fact that I am running froyo because I can not get most of the apps I want. Plus, the froyo homescreen is so slow and just looks weird. So I want to upgrade to kit kat. But I hear I have to upgrade CWM, and I have no idea how to do that.
If someone could give me the links to all the kernels and steps to do so it would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

Sent from my SGH-T959V

There is like...literally no possible way you are running Froyo. It hasn't been developed in like 3 years.

As for links to all KitKat stuff, there is a search feature that will guide you to all that you need.

SamsungIsBetterThanApple

Jun 9, 2014
One problem bro, I really am running froyo and I have searched it but couldn't find anything for my device. Please if you do know where to find it it would save me a TON of time if you would just tell me.

Sent from my SGH-T959V

SamsungIsBetterThanApple

Jun 9, 2014
Dud I am so sorry. You are right. I double checked my frimware and it says 2.3.6 so you aee right it is Gingerbread.

Sent from my SGH-T959V

Last edited:

SamsungIsBetterThanApple

Jun 9, 2014
Do you know how to flash a one click? If you don't know how to flash one follow lumin's guide, except use the one click .jar file I linked below instead of the one he says to use in his guide. (Note the one click won't contain the bootloaders so skip that step when you get to it)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21953878&postcount=2

I have a one click that's only bhundven's blastoff v2.5 kernel. If you're already on gingerbread this will install the blue CWM v5 for you that will allow you to flash a kitkat rom.
http://files.fernandob.com/sgs4g/roms/heimdall_one_clicks/blastoffv2.5.jar

I recommend the cm11 (kitkat 4.4.3) builds Ive been pushing out. You can find them here, make sure you grab the latest ones (they all have dates):
http://files.fernandob.com/#sgs4g/roms/cm11

Sent from my SGH-T959V

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I currently own a rooted Samsung Galaxy s 4g (SGH-T959V) running froyo with ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 Voodoo lag fix.
    I am getting pretty frustrated with the fact that I am running froyo because I can not get most of the apps I want. Plus, the froyo homescreen is so slow and just looks weird. So I want to upgrade to kit kat. But I hear I have to upgrade CWM, and I have no idea how to do that.

Thank You!

Sent from my SGH-T959V

There is like...literally no possible way you are running Froyo. It hasn't been developed in like 3 years.

As for links to all KitKat stuff, there is a search feature that will guide you to all that you need.