Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 35,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z2 autofocus not working, at all.

Tip us?

pascalbrax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Default Xperia Z2 autofocus not working, at all.

So, hi guys.

I just came home with my new Z2 after giving back my Z.

I downloaded the german ftf and the new flashtool for the Z2 and updated to this firmware.

I'm really not sure if this is related to the firmware update but I don't think so.

My issue is quite simple: the camera autofocus doesn't work. It just simply has a fixed focus (which works great for the near stuff but 100% fails for all other distances).

It's not a slow autofocus, it just doesn't work, the camera doesn't move, you don't hear any focusing noise. the camera button doesn't focus, tap on the screen doesn't focus.

Basically all my pictures and my videos have an amazing quality, but are all out of focus.

I googled around but looks like nobody has this issue. Is that fatal? Should I return it?

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 852

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbrax View Post
So, hi guys.

I downloaded the german ftf and the new flashtool for the Z2 and updated to this firmware.

I'm really not sure if this is related to the firmware update but I don't think so.

My issue is quite simple: the camera autofocus doesn't work. It just simply has a fixed focus (which works great for the near stuff but 100% fails for all other distances).

It's not a slow autofocus, it just doesn't work, the camera doesn't move, you don't hear any focusing noise. the camera button doesn't focus, tap on the screen doesn't focus.

Basically all my pictures and my videos have an amazing quality, but are all out of focus.

I googled around but looks like nobody has this issue. Is that fatal? Should I return it?
This sounds like a hardware fault, try getting a replacement

The german 402FTF worked fine for me its my device faults is why im returning my phone on wednesday and getting a new one on monday

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
x102x96x Old
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbrax View Post
So, hi guys.

Xperia and almost all smartphones have digital focus
there s no special hardware for zooming
SO if you have problem in one feature of camera App do this;
- use another camera app : for example google camera and check if it can do auto focus
- install another firmware or just reinstall current firmware
- repair firmware by PCC
- after these IF sill thr s no auto focus >> take it to sony service

pascalbrax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data View Post
This sounds like a hardware fault, try getting a replacement

The german 402FTF worked fine for me its my device faults is why im returning my phone on wednesday and getting a new one on monday
Is your device faulty, too?

Thanks, I'll get a replacement today, I hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x View Post
Xperia and almost all smartphones have digital focus
there s no special hardware for zooming
Autofocus and (digital) zoom are two different things.

whiteblazer01
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I just update the 402 firmware and now my camera won't focus at all. It was fine before. Wtf...