Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 45,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat Aosp Dialer on stock TW rooted rom

Tip us?

XxSilent.NightmarexX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Default Kitkat Aosp Dialer on stock TW rooted rom

Is it possible?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
-InsanelyEpic

icenight89
Old
Thanks Meter 717

DONATE TO ME
No

jdidtht
Old
(Last edited by jdidtht; 14th June 2014 at 12:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSilent.NightmarexX View Post
Is it possible?

yes. actually it is. that said, it isn't fully functional, so in that regard it isn't, you can side load it, set up a shortcut to it via apex launcher, and it does work to an extent, but its extremely lacking in the core features that make it a good dialer. not reliable at all.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

So it can be there, but as is, it doesn't function fully, and that to me is pointless. Fwiw that is the 4.4.3 dialer, on ne6 tweaked ROM, just to show it does install, and also the contacts are somewhat functional as well. I think it could be possible if a developer really wanted it to be so. At this moment it hasn't happen
The Following User Says Thank You to jdidtht For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XxSilent.NightmarexX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdidtht View Post
yes. actually it is. that said, it isn't fully functional, so in that regard it isn't, you can side load it, set up a shortcut to it via apex launcher, and it does work to an extent, but its extremely lacking in the core features that make it a good dialer. not reliable at all.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

So it can be there, but as is, it doesn't function fully, and that to me is pointless. Fwiw that is the 4.4.3 dialer, on ne6 tweaked ROM, just to show it does install, and also the contacts are somewhat functional as well. I think it could be possible if a developer really wanted it to be so. At this moment it hasn't happen
Thank you, I just wanted to know. I won't use it lol

-InsanelyEpic